• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Been waiting 2 1/2 years for pickups - what recourse do I have

RhytmEarl

I ordered, and prepaid, for a set of PAF clones in Feb 2013. Still no pickups. The guy is still in business and posts at the Les Paul Forum and used to post here.

I've had all sorts of "my dog ate my homework" excuses from him. For a while I felt sorry for the guy but my patience has ended.

What sort of recourse do I have other than outing him on the net?

doublescale1

Suhr S-Classic, V60LP's, Soft V neck
Gold Supporting Member
small claims court in the city where he lives... I see your in Calgary, Canada. that may be a tough thing to do long distance, unless the winder is in Calgary. Do you have a friend in the city where this person is who might appear in court for you (not a lawyer, don't even know if you could do that)? otherwise it may just be a not-so-pleasant life lesson. There always is the Internet Public Shaming option available to you - you didn't name the person but that may be your only option, warn others away from a business that does not operate on the up&up. Good Luck - it sux, I had a local high end boutique guitar brand seller disappear on me with a Mesa Cab in his possession as trade for another cab he was going to get for me... live and learn.

Gas-man

Unrepentant Massaganist
He's a great guy.

Hey, he's a one man shop.

Have you checked your spam folder for his response?

You have to be patient--this isn't McDonalds.

He's a great guy.

He can't answer every email, he literally gets dozens a week. That would take away from the time he is winding.

--------
I actually have no idea who you are talking about, but these are the usual defenses people make in these situations so I thought I would get them all out of the way now.

OotMagroot

He's a great guy.

He's a great guy.

He can't answer every email, he literally gets dozens a week. That would take away from the time he is winding.

--------
I actually have no idea who you are talking about, but these are the usual defenses people make in these situations so I thought I would get them all out of the way now.
He can't answer every email? If he's providing a service - and his own customer service - then, yes he should be answering every email that deals with service issues.

dhdfoster

Gold Supporting Member
Man, that would REALLY bug me to see him posting on the LP Forum instead of winding my pickups after 2 1/2 years.

mrfender

I know who you are talking about. I actually just got a set from him and only had to wait a little over 2 weeks. He sells sets on eBay each month when he needs rent money.
The only option you have besides small claims court is outing him online and hurting his future business. If it were me, I would set a firm deadline and explain the consequences if not met. I believe he winds 2 sets of pickups a week so he should be able to wind you one within a couple weeks. He's certainly finding time for pickups he's selling on eBay.

straightblues

I am fairly sure I bought stuff from the winder. I went through the same bs with the guy. I finally got my set after a lot of waiting and missed promises, only to watch him sell pickups at a premium on Ebay. Wouldn't do business with him again. I sold my set of pickups from him and bought OX4 pickups. I got the OX4's all the way from England in three weeks time. They were cheaper and I like them much better.

GreenKnight18

He's a great guy.

He's a great guy.

--------
:D I think you need to add a sarcasm tag since people didn't know you were joking. Wait... you were joking... right?:oops:

DaveG

Gold Supporting Member
He's a great guy.

He's a great guy.

--------
You forgot:

He's been sick.

A family member has been sick.

A family member died.

He's waiting on parts.

Hey, quality takes time!

:aok

Tuberattler

That's a mighty long time to wait, kinda tarnishes the whole anticipation for the wow concept... you won't even enjoy 'em when you get 'em the experience has flown... ask for refund, then file a Small claims against him... could be mail fraud?

Mr Analog

I ordered, and prepaid, for a set of PAF clones in Feb 2013. Still no pickups. The guy is still in business and posts at the Les Paul Forum and used to post here.

I've had all sorts of "my dog ate my homework" excuses from him. For a while I felt sorry for the guy but my patience has ended.

What sort of recourse do I have other than outing him on the net?
I don't understand the impulse to protect a person who ripped you off and obviously couldn't care less about you. Why wouldn't you out him the net? You don't owe him a thing. Telling us who he is would help others avoid the same situation and it would give the winder an opportunity to defend himself. What's the downside?

Trending Topics