beginner acoustic

cycler

Silver Supporting Member
will anyone recommend an acoustic guitar, for fingerstyle blues playing, at a price point under, say 1k? the easiest brands to buy in my area are Martin and Taylor...thanks....

Dave Orban

Get a smaller body size than a dreadnaught.

Buy used. You'll take less of a hit when you go to sell.

Find yourself a mid-50s Gibson LG2, and prepare to hear what an acoustic guitar is supposed to sound like. ;)

thesedaze

000/OM size would be perfect for that style. The 2 guitars I mentioned are both all solidwoods (rosewood back and sides, spruce top). The Blueridge has a bone nut and saddle, the other has Tusq, or some variant of a synthetic.

The blueridge can be found for $650 or so, the other around $7-800.

thintele

I you can find a Tacoma dealer in your area, I've found their 9 and 14 series to be nice playing ,good sounding and reasonably priced US made guitars:AOK

THROBAK

Blueridge BR-1060 is $976.50 at Elderly. Prices go down from there.

I have played some of the cheaper Blueridge guitars and they are great. If you are looking to buy new I don't think there is a better deal than the Blueridge guitars. They sound great and are very well made and you will get way, way more bang for your buck. I would not hesitate to buy one mail order especially if you are getting a top of the line model. Because you are going to get way more than you are expecting in quality and tone.

THROBAK

If you want used I would also look for a Epiphone Elitist J45E. I picked one up on Ebay for $711.00. It is an amazing guitar.

cycler

Silver Supporting Member
thank you for all the suggestions...seems like Blueridge is a guitar that people are impressed with...the brand name pops up in quite a few different threads about acoustics...pretty much narrowed it down to a Martin 000-15, but, as I am not rushed, will try to check out the Blueridge guitars...

RL in Fla

emilio said:
thank you for all the suggestions...seems like Blueridge is a guitar that people are impressed with...the brand name pops up in quite a few different threads about acoustics...pretty much narrowed it down to a Martin 000-15, but, as I am not rushed, will try to check out the Blueridge guitars...
If you like the 000-15 size , also try a *spruce-top* Little Martin if they have one . Far better than the lam-top for another $20 .

thesedaze

I wouldn't recommend getting an ALL mohag or ALL sepele guitar. Play a 000/OM solid rosewood back and sides/solid spruce top, then play the 000-15 solid mahog guitar...You'll definately notice a difference. The 000-15 doesn't breathe as much. I hope you aren't leaning towards the 000-15 because it's a 'Martin'.

Trending Topics