• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Beginner needs 2-channel amp, good low volume tone, lightweight, footswitch

Grayson73

I'm a beginner electric player looking for a 2-channel amp. I play at church so it's mostly rock tones, like Chris Tomlin and Hillsongs songs.

Doesn't matter if it is tube or solid state, but I need the following:

1. Best tone for low volume. I'm always getting complaints that the electric guitar is too loud (room of about 80 people). Is there an amp that has full sounding tone at low volume?

2. 2-channels and foot switchable (one for crunch parts and one for lead parts).

3. Speaker needs to have decent dispersion, so that those directly in front don't hear it super loud and those on the sides barely hear it. I will mic the amp to the FOH to help with this.

4. Sounds good with my Agile AL-3500 (Les Paul style). I will be plugging in directly to the amp and won't be using pedals.

5. Lightweight, since I will be carrying it every week.

6. Money is not an object, but prefer $1000 or less.

Am I beyond help?

SteelerFan88

Egnater tweaker 1x12 combo or Peavey Classic 30 1x12 combo. Great sounding, dependable amps that can be had for less than $500 USD on the used market.

Grayson73

Peavey Classic 30 is 40 lbs, but I'm willing to lug it if there aren't better options that are lighter. Will a 30w tube amp sound good at lowish volume?

Grayson73

What do you think about getting a single channel amp with good cleans and an OD pedal instead? What combo would you recommend if going with this option?

Trending Topics

Top Bottom