Behind The Scenes with Vertex Effects

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by ScorchedCortex, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Lonewolff

Lonewolff Member

2. PepAlmeida

PepAlmeida Member

The change in the company shows when Mason posted that video about the "amp Mod" that both John Suhr and Steve Fryette said it didn't do anything and that it was dangerous.

Yeah, the company changed. Right lol. If you have the guts to do something like what hapenned in the past with the axis wah it shows how much you care about the costumer. The only problem was being caught lol.

What did Joe bonamassa say about the pedalboard mason had built for him? Lol

Even with a the information available I will still give a pass to RJ, Rett and Sweetwater as instill believe they are just tools for mason and more of a victims of his usual cons to get attention and validation than anything else.

But it sure is funny when he shows how clueless he is from time to time

3. Husky

Husky Gold Supporting Member

Last edited: Mar 6, 2020
  4. drbob1

drbob1 Silver Supporting Member

On youtube I'm known as "The Rig Doctor!" At least that's what I call myself...

I guess if you say something often enough it turns into truth? At least good enough for the social media era.

And yeah, Peach Guitars left up the ad copy, it would have been better to me to have updated it (in addition to their donating the proceeds to charity, which is great) to state that the claims are not actually true, it's a buffered boost with a volume pedal after it (and apparently the volume pedal remains in circuit after the boost is bypassed).

5. The-Kid

The-Kid Member

I will say no one is perfect and well who here is perfect.....

But again I will also say I personally learned alot from Mason on my own endeavors and well how honesty and being upfront and 100% truthful with people all the time is the way to go.

I think we can all take that lesson

6. hippieboy

hippieboy Member

[​IMG]

7. Rico Alan

Rico Alan Supporting Member

I'm sorry, but you have got to be joking, right? What exactly is it that you learned from Mason - that lying, cheating, stealing, committing fraud, and then threatening the people that exposed the fraud, is wrong?

You didn't know this already?

8. The-Kid

The-Kid Member

Pretty much that not defending the guy or attacking here.

All I was saying in a nice way was learn what not do and and how not to do it.....

By his example.

Like all you said I agree with. Its not a way to conduct ones self and well learn from other mens failures in this case Mason. Its a lesson to be learned in how not to conduct ones self or treat people. I think we can all agree here.

Not to be disrespectful but just the way I can put it in the nicest way.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
  9. DewieCox

DewieCox Supporting Member

He’s doing a livestream on YouTube later for anyone that’s looking for more material.

Thesleepstalker likes this.
  10. JoeB63

JoeB63 Supporting Member

A lot is two words, not one. Now you've learned more from me than you have from Mason.

:)

11. dmbandtimmy

dmbandtimmy Member

Interesting. I was hoping the guy had made a change. He’s always posting in the praise and worship Facebook group.

12. DewieCox

DewieCox Supporting Member

Let’s hope he’s found his morals. The fact that he can’t own up or confront his gaps in knowledge tells me otherwise.

13. JoeB63

JoeB63 Supporting Member

I am not surprised. The Praise and Worship guitarist sub-market has historically been the primary target market for guitar gear scammers.

14. jnepo1

jnepo1 Silver Supporting Member

He's just "always posting" period. And there is never really any major content to them. But I guess he's gotta make money and YouTube must be his current outlet.

15. jnepo1

jnepo1 Silver Supporting Member

So true.

16. The-Kid

The-Kid Member

I mean how much money could Youtube be raking in....at sub 50,000 views per video how much Youtube Money is that?

I mean does he have like hundreads of thousands of views....

Not knocking on the guy but this cant be his only source of income or a big chunk of it if any....

Other possible forms of income seem more practical....like stock options....or maybe pulling copper cables of walls of abandoned homes....maybe recycling cardboard paper or cans....I mean I used to do that....aint nothing bad doing an honest living here whatever it may be youtube cant be the only source here.

17. The-Kid

The-Kid Member

Listen Im not ganna come and defend what he did in the past but well damn....

Its been a couple years now and well damn....he messed up big time...no doubt....

But hes done his time in Tone Jail....I mean is he in there for life now!?!??!

Lol

Like what he did was bad and well really messed up...but there comes a time when a man paid his dues maybe its not time yet but damn....like when its been years now I think more than 2 or 3 and well he may be goofy still or still not as knowledgeable as some enthusiast here or pros and real experts for that matter....but hes enthused and hes got a passion and well as messed up as he was and what he did you can tell IMO that he changed in some way and wants to be a good person.

People make mistakes and I get he messed up big but at some point we just have to forgive especially if hes well intentioned because it doesnt help anyone to keep hating...

Will I still find fun in his ventures and shenanigans....you bet....but I definitely dont want to hate or effect the mans life and livelihood in a negative way. I dont want to do that to anyone.

While its fun to have fun...lets not be so cold and unforgiving to a simple guy....yeah who messed up....but hes not Unamomber or R Kelly.....hes like Martha Stuart or Wesley Snipes or Bernie Maddof in a sense more accurately......he did bad yes...but there has to be some forgiveness on some level.

While its fun to have fun...lets not be so cold and unforgiving to a simple guy....yeah who messed up.......he did bad yes...but there has to be some forgiveness on some level.

Im still not ganna buy any of that stuff anytime soon or consider it...

But Im not hating or wishing him the worst either.

I do think hes learnt his lesson....for what its worth.

18. Brian Gilmour

Brian Gilmour Member

Somebody’s paying kids to come to his defense now....
    [​IMG]via Imgflip Meme Generator

19. BearBryan

BearBryan Member

I'd rather drink a bucket of AIDS.

Gig Young likes this.
  20. Husky

Husky Gold Supporting Member

He means well I think and is trying to correct the perception and make up for wrongs.

I still think calling your product SSS though and using the Dumble trade dress fonts and trade names Steel String Singer and Ultraphonix is not the smart thing to do though and certainly not helping to change that perception.