Behind The Scenes with Vertex Effects

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by ScorchedCortex, Feb 7, 2020.

1. DewieCox

DewieCox Supporting Member

Imagine, a Mason built pedalboard with the best and most rigorously tested patch cables

2. Rydock

Rydock Member

I don’t think misleading consumers into thinking his current line of pedals are meant to sound like what they aren’t is well meaning. He’s still just as deceptive as ever, even if it’s not to the scale of his past scams, and it’s working.

3. JoeB63

JoeB63 Supporting Member

Exactly what I've been saying. And not to mention, per the demos, his "Dumble" pedals don't sound anything like any Dumble amps. It's guitar gaslighting: "You ARE hearing Dumble tones!"

He's toned (no pun intended) his act down, but.... well, there are lots of other pedals available out there folks!

(And, I still want to know what school gave him his doctorate in rigs.)

4. Gear Ears 4 Years

Gear Ears 4 Years Member

Wow.

This is the single most clueless post I have yet to see on TGP.
    Unabomber...killed
    R. Kelly...raped
    That's the same as Martha Stewart lying about receiving insider trading info? The same as Wesley Snipes cheating on his taxes?
    I think the Bernie Madoff comparison is more accurate...he scammed people out of money while committing fraud. A con man. Liar. Theif...

Yeah, that's closer to the douche in question.

Oh, and Spellcheck is a nice thing too...

Abram4235, Thesleepstalker and jnepo1 like this.
  5. jnepo1

jnepo1 Silver Supporting Member

I wish I can edit your post. To maybe one or two sentences per post. I think there are many here I can speak for who would agree with me.

6. Billy Moss

Billy Moss Member

After all those overdrives they should come out with a wah wah.

7. The-Kid

The-Kid Member

Watching the snow globe that is TGP sometimes.....its funny to see it from different angles and see how the snow falls in different places everytime its shaken by some random thing.....or apparently so.....

Thats really it. Really have no dog in this fight.

Just watching the wheels go round and round....

I really like to watch them roll. Like a Merry Go' round sometimes :)

8. rollyfoster

rollyfoster Member

[​IMG]

DewieCox, Thesleepstalker and The-Kid like this.
  9. TubeStack

TubeStack Supporting Member

Both those guys are extremely annoying in that video, all past sins aside. Couldn’t watch more than a couple minutes.

10. The-Kid

The-Kid Member

Oh guys :)

I honestly dont see the need for a board. When ever I take my pedals anywhere I just take em indivually in a seperate bag....and then just set them up appropriately where ever I need to.

Im not a touring musician....lol

But if I did have a need for one Im sure I could just figure it out myself and have fun making my own pedal board.

Why the hell would I have some one else do that and take all the fun away?

Lol

And well as much as far as what I said about wishing Mason good luck and best wishes......

Yeah just no. To be nice....thats it lol

11. Billy Moss

Billy Moss Member

Vertex should build an amp that works with effects

Thesleepstalker likes this.
  12. macmax77

macmax77 Supporting Member

Yeap, we have to leave that to the Alpha Drive.

13. PepAlmeida

PepAlmeida Member

Sure. People change. People deserve a second opportunity. (Maybe, or would you give your life savings to Bernie Madoff?)

But the warning signs that he's still shady are still present. The naming of the pedals, the useless and dangerous amp mods, the head scratching cable tests,e his degree and so on

Maybe I'm being unfair, maybe he really changed from being this guy

But with so many options and so many good people in this industry do you really have to put your hands in the fire for mason?

Maybe I'm a hater, or a snowflake, and sure people deserve a second chance but man... NOS wiring? Lulz

14. Glitch Magnet

Glitch Magnet Member

Hey, Pvt. Pyle was a saint. Never lied. Never tried to con anyone. Never misrepresented who he was. Sang like an angel.

Thesleepstalker likes this.
  15. jnepo1

jnepo1 Silver Supporting Member

Don't forget, friend of the Rock. Meaning, he led a life of lies. See the similarities.

16. Silkrodamus

Silkrodamus Member

My God that video literally disgusts me.

At 2:49 did I hear a 'coke-sniffle'? It was either that or a strange crackle in the pot he was turning....

Gig Young, The-Kid, FbIsNotE and 2 others like this.
  17. rollyfoster

rollyfoster Member

Oh man the AGH shirt....:(

18. The-Kid

The-Kid Member

Yeah.....

I mean as much as I dont mean ill towards Vertex or Mason. Realistically here......

I mean maybe its time to call it in. Like if hes got a certain way of living that he is accustomed to and has possibly people such as family that depend on him for that level of lifestyle....maybe...

Its great to have a passion and try to start a business and see it succeed and make it grow....but sometimes that doesnt work out and well.....sometimes it aint never ganna work out for whatever reason.

If I were Mason not being mean here...I would just call it quits and find some other part of the industry to work in and just move on and learn a lesson.

You tried, messed up, tried recovering....didnt work out for whatever reason. Be happy you made it this far with Vertex and take it as an experience for your future endeavors.

Its great to have entrepreneurial spirit and be a part of manufacturing in America and sustaining jobs here for people at home... But sometimes it just doesnt work out for whatever reason.....

Working on my family business myself for years, closing stores...opening some...closing them....its just best to know when to close up shop for the good of the family sometimes as much as it is for yourself.

Its time to know when to call it in for himself and be realistic at some point and I may be wrong and we may have been wrong before.....in how long this would last and Im surprised its been around this long after that whole thing....the BBE thing......sort of like saying Lord Voldemort.....

I mean I could be wrong and hope I am....but I dont see this working out into 3-5 more years or into the decade.

19. The-Kid

The-Kid Member

@Silkrodamus

Possible coke sniffle....possible scratchy pot...

If you notice you hear a possible scratchy pot/coke sniffle right when he turns the knob on the pentameter right around 2:49.

When the camera is facing away from Mason.....

20. Silkrodamus

Silkrodamus Member

Lol maybe both. We will never know, sadly. This shall forever go down in history books as the "Sniffle-gate Scandal."

The-Kid likes this.