1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Behold The Budda Super Drive 45 - OOOOOH!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Troubleman, Mar 15, 2006.

1. Troubleman

Troubleman Silver Supporting Member

Bit of an early birthday present so to speak. I'm a big fan of Budda Amps to begin with, and I'd tried one of these in one of my fav local guitar haunts, but this one is MINE!!! It's clean channel can do that same chimey/spanky thing with Strats that my Twinmaster does so well, but with the KT66's in the back end there's more girth. I think I may have pulled face muscles from smilin' and grinnin' so hard. I'd been agonizing over the cabinet with which I'd mate it (cannot carry 4x12 cabs any longer): a Mashall 1965 4x10 cab, a Bogner 2x12 closed-back, a Budda 2x12, or an Eyecandy Buzzbomb. Tell ya what - it sounds pretty dang mean with my Avatar G2x12H (celestion V30 and G12H30). Been rippin' through Zeppelin, Hendrix, and ZZ Top tunes like a kid in a candy shop. Bedtime for my kids arrived, so I had to stop.....Man, I CANNOT WAIT to get out and gig this thing.

I'm stoked....:cool:

Peace,

jb

2. MightyGuru

MightyGuru Member

Congrats,man. Sounds like a great amp.,,,enjoy!

3. LSchefman

LSchefman Member

4. Troubleman

And it just keeps getting better! Whoooohoooo!!!!:dude
    Spoke with Jeff Bober of Budda today. They make a 2x12 cab with a small opening in the back - just enough to allow it to breathe. I've known Jeff for years; he knows my tastes, we have similar ears for tone. I cannot wait to gig this amp. I'm gonna drive my bandmates nutz if I take it to rehearsal tomorrow (they're accustomed to seeing a Fender Pro Jr)... I gotta play it out someplace (sorry for goin' nutzo)...

I do kinda feel bad - my Fuchs Blackjack21 is sitting there looking lonely...

Oh well - what's a parent to do?:D

Baby oh baby - the Super Drive 45 smokes!:AOK

Peace,

jb
    :RoCkIn

5. kingsxman

kingsxman Silver Supporting Member

I've got a Budda sd30 and I love it. I use it with a Bogner 2x12 oversized. Its cool..but big. I'd love to hear how it sounds with a Budda cab. Are the Budda cabs voiced a bit brighter since they are darker sounding amps?

6. CrunchBoy

CrunchBoy Member

CLIPS!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, I want one!

7. ChrisGS

ChrisGS Member

Yeah , what Crunchboy said...

Yer braggin about your new amp , yet you don't demo it for us...That's a little bit disrespectful . But , that's OK... just do the right thing .

Chris .

8. Kinkirsi

Kinkirsi Member

Mine is too loud, I may be selling it, are you using attenuation?

9. Troubleman

I haven't decided whether I like the Hot Plate or Airbrake better with this amp. When noboby's in the house, it goes unattenuated.

I need to get into my band's rehearsal place to get my mic's and minidisk recorder, then I'll put up some clips...

Basically, since tearing the box open with fingernails and teeth, I haven't taken a break. Guitar is fun again!

peace,

jb

10. mlynn02

mlynn02 Member

congrats on the amp, and welcome to the club!

i'm loving my sd45, and i can guarantee you won't be disappointed when you gig it.

as far as cabs, i tried a few, and settled on the budda 2x12. it was by far the richest and most huge sounding cab with the amp. i haven't been using attenuation even though the volume of the amp is just unholy. the master vol ain't bad, but maybe i should look into a hotplate or something.

i should have some recent live clips of the budda up soon hopefully.

11. Troubleman

Lemme know how the Hot Plate works out with the Budda cab. I think I've decided on a Budda 2x12 as well. Jeff Bober's been telling be about a 3/4 closed back (he said it's more like 4/5's close) that allows just enough breathing for somebody like me - coming from a 4x10 Twinmaster combo background. Unfortunately, the Budda cab is 8ohm, and my Hot Plate is 4 ohm. I have a Dr Z Air Brake, but it only has one speaker output. I'm also curious as to which would sound better: Hotplate or Air Brake. I think I've come to the conclusion that attenuators are very application specific as far as which sounds better...

peace,

jb
    :dude
    Super Drive 45 has put the fun back in playin'

12. buddastrat

buddastrat Member

I would love to get a 1x12! I had an SD30 combo, and still have SD80 head. What's the next, logical step? 45 o' course!

13. hipfan

hipfan Member

Get two cabs!!! :D

I just picked up a Budda closed-back 2x12 to try out. Looks like a really nice piece of work, but I haven't had a chance to play it yet.

14. CrunchBoy

CrunchBoy Member

If you're selling, I'm interested. But if you team that beast up with a hotplate, I seriously doubt you'll sell it