Behringer Chorus Ensemble (Boss CE-1)

mDfy8zG.jpg

VgcJNtd.jpg

mvsr990

Silver Supporting Member
I had a PastFx Chorus Ensemble Deluxe but it was too touchy about levels for me - as with the Bi-Phase, a Behringer version is priced just about right for a 'special occasion' pedal vs. paying full freight for boutique.

whateverdude

Silver Supporting Member
I had a PastFx Chorus Ensemble Deluxe but it was too touchy about levels for me - as with the Bi-Phase, a Behringer version is priced just about right for a 'special occasion' pedal vs. paying full freight for boutique.
Love my Bi-Phase, I really don’t notice mine being too touchy like a Alter Boy after service.

I do play LOUD because I live out in the middle of nowhere.

dronerstone

Hmm. Part of me says they're shameless losers.

But another part of me says they're just following internet chatter and are doing what other companies should have been doing all along.

Especially those who built the originals - in this case, Boss.

PS: I'm getting a slight feeling they might try and disrupt a "true" CE-1 reissue before it happens. Looking at the RE-202, it's not unlikely Boss already have this up their sleeve. And here comes Uli, crashing a party that hasn't even started.

Big in Japan

Silver Supporting Member
The enclosure looks really cool, but the guts don’t really look like it’s built to last. It’s probably gonna be a pass for me. Have at ‘er folks.

MarkF786

Gold Supporting Member
The enclosure looks really cool, but the guts don’t really look like it’s built to last. It’s probably gonna be a pass for me. Have at ‘er folks.
The enclosure actually looks cheaply made to me. I don't mind the guts, except for the PCB mounted pots & foot switches which probably wouldn't hold up to abuse.

Still, I'd likely get one to compare to the PastFX Chorus Ensemble.

mtayl339

Like the Bi-Phase, are they allowed to copy the name and overall look of an existing pedal? I know you can't trademark circuits or whatever, so I can't figure out why they don't just call it Chorus Assemblage or something. They'd sell a ton of em, and have presumably no legal worries.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom