Behringer FBC 1010 question

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by BuddyGuit, Jan 23, 2012.

1. BuddyGuit

BuddyGuit Supporting Member

I bought a used 11 Rack before the end of the year. (last tax deduction) I need to get a foot controller for it. I know that the Ground Control Pro can use an expression pedal to change more than one controller. For example turning a patch preamp up and at the same time the patch output down. Can anyone tell me if the FBC 1010 with the 11 eprom can change multiple ccs with one pedal or footswitch? I'd rather spend less and get the FBC 1010 than spend more for the Ground Control Pro but I would like that function I mentioned.

Thanks for any help,

Buddy

2. drwiddly

drwiddly Member

Not sure what it can do with the 11 eprom but with the Un0 chip (in standard mode) it can have up to 5 program changes, 2 cc changes and 1 cc change on each expression pedal.

In stompbox mode the program changes are reduced to four but otherwise the same as above.

3. 3dognate

3dognate Member

The FCB1010 Can change mutiple CC's with one pedal right out of the box... (You can also set it up to toggle between two different states also. Not just on and off you can have Patch default, Toggle state 1, Toggle State2.)

Don't know what the 11 eProm takes away or adds to the feature set... I know the Uno eProm essentially adds Stomp Box mode with proper LED state on the top row but doesn't mess with the CC/Program change abilities.

If the FCB1010 had toe switches on the Expression pedals it'd be one fantastic unit... but with the new processors having the ability to do switchless Wah on/off it's not such a big deal. But I've got one that saw 6 years of steady gigging and it still works great (beat to hell and ugly now but never a problem (that wasn't my own fault.)

4. ltkojak

ltkojak Member

I too have one that saw over 500 gigs and still going strong.

HTH,

5. mwc2112

mwc2112 Supporting Member

As a minor (only slightly off-topic) aside, but do you guys who carry them around have a gig bag for it? If so, what's a good fit?

6. phazersonstun

phazersonstun Member

7. mwc2112

mwc2112 Supporting Member

Definite possibility. Are those shoulder-strap loops I see? Is it comfortable to carry on a shoulder?

Thanks!

8. phazersonstun

phazersonstun Member

I use the handles much more often than the shoulder strap but comfort shouldn't be much of an issue as the FCB1010 is not heavy.

9. mouzer

mouzer Member

I use the Multi function on my 11r for these situations. It's one CC# and you can assign any four parameters, both backwards and forwards.

10. drwiddly

drwiddly Member

I use an SKB case now too. Prior to that I had a Warwick Rockbag which I think was for a Line 6 floorboard and a pod bean, but it was a perfect fit for the FCB. I've been gigging mine since 2005, never had a problem and all I've changed was to upgrade to the Un0 chip.