Behringer pedals

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Underoath77, Apr 3, 2015.

1. Underoath77

Underoath77 Member

Hey has anyone had experience with Behringer stompboxes?
    I mean their not b9ss, but they shouldnt sound to bad through an amp..specifically my kemper profiler..any idea how they would spund being DI recorded?

Thanks

2. boppy

boppy Member

They're fine.

I have the RV600 Reverb Machine and the VD400--analog delay for what, $25?!
    Sure wish this company was around when I was a kid.

3. Stratobuc

Stratobuc Member

My experience: "Who spund this POS?" I've never seen one that hasn't broken after a short time in the real world. Sometimes, you actually get what you paid for.

4. monwobobbo

monwobobbo Member

soundwise they tend to be fairly decent but as mentioned they break easy and can be a bit on the noisey side as well. had a few (delay, distortion, power overdrive and wha) didn't keep any of them. for cheapie stuff Joyo or Eno Music seem to be a bit better.

5. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Member

They aren't the most sturdy pedals and won't hold up to on-stage combat boot stomping very long but they're decent and inexpensive alternatives to much more expensive pedals for gentle home use.

Sound-wise, they're not bad.

Build quality can be a bit spotty but this is something you'll likely notice right off if it's a problem. Just purchase from somewhere that has a solid return policy.

6. SunnyRollins

SunnyRollins Member

I play in the real world a lot and use a couple of behringers among high profile "boutiques" and they deliver just fine! in a couple of years, no problem at all

7. Gonkboy

Gonkboy Member

I've had a Behringer Trem/Pan pedal that I've used live for over 4 years and it's still working fine. Behringer pedals all have a 3 year warranty and according to their website "have one of the lowest product failure rates in the industry". Make of that what you will.

8. Underoath77

Underoath77 Member

Ok. So they have 21 pedals i find relevant to the type of music i play.. as with any pedal , how do you think with the right DAW , amp , and cleanup it would sound alongside an amp in a recording?

9. gillibi

gillibi Member

Their VB-2 vibrato clone is killer, love it

10. lowerlightsmusic

lowerlightsmusic Member

I've purchased four of their pedals that are allegedly clones of vintage Boss pedals that Boss won't re-issue, the VB-2, PN-2, DM-3 and SG-1. I own a DM-2, and I found Behringer's equivalent to be pretty spot on. I bought the Behringer analog delay as a back-up and have used it live with zero problems. I've used the Behringer vibrato and trem/panner for recording and have been quite pleased with the results. The Slow Gear pedal was a complete bust for me... Serious tone suck and a pretty unusable pedal. However, I've never played a Boss Slow Gear, so maybe Behringer faithfully copied a crappy Boss pedal. Or maybe the Behringer version is just awful.

11. Underoath77

Underoath77 Member

So im getting 20 pedals for about 23$ a pop and i have a kemper profiling amp. So i figure i could find the right combo of amp amd effect

12. lowerlightsmusic

lowerlightsmusic Member

Haha. Yeah. Though some of those pedals might be horrible. My success rate was about 75%. I'm not sure how comfortable I'd be with an all Behringer pedal board, but at $23 a pop, why not?

13. Underoath77

Underoath77 Member

I agree. Im super stoked!!

14. fl00dsm0k3

fl00dsm0k3 Member

I have the echo machine , reverb machine, and the compressor sustainer and they all sound great

15. plaidbeer

plaidbeer Member

I've had a CC300, VP1, VD400, RV600, and SF300. No issues, no "tone suck", or any other problems with them. They sounded good and were absolute bargains.

16. tremolo3

tremolo3 Member

I have used the US600 (Boss PS5 clone) and the VM1 (DMM "clone") and they both worked fine as expected.

17. Windup 43

Windup 43 Supporting Member

I have the UT100 Tremolo and Reverb Machine, no problems with either and sound great.

18. WorkinSteamin

WorkinSteamin Member

Recently picked up a Pro Jr which has become my main amp (funny considering the other guitarist in my band just got a Mesa Stiletto head which itself is three times as big and heavy as my diminutive two-knob combo.) So I found myself in need of a reverb pedal. Didn't want to break the bank so did a little research and decided on a Biyang Tri-Reverb which I bought on Ebay for $50. It sounded ok on one of the settings but very artificial on the others.

Then I remembered I had a Behringer RV600 on a shelf which I had totally forgotten about. It was $32 when I got it. Returned the TR and slapped the Behringer on my board. Well I've been using it for several weeks and I have to say, it serves my needs very well. It appears to be a RV-5 clone. As others have said, the plastic case might not stand up to "combat boot" stomping (though they aren't as flimsy as some suggest.) But since I've locked in my settings and leave it on all the time this will not be a problem.

I had some trepidation about having a lowly Behringer pedal on my board for all to see (I know. Idiotic.) But now I'm kind of proud of the fact that I have officially left the ranks of the pedal snobs. My five pedal board consists of four boxes that cost me 140 bucks total (Bad Monkey, Little Big Muff, Phase 90 and the RV600) Of course then there is the Analog.Man Mini Chorus which was almost twice as much as all the others combined but worth it heheheh...

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...jruf_i5UshjkZFXKotUvgaR9x1f25LRhzyhoCyWfw_wcB

19. Kennyscrown

Kennyscrown Member

I have the Super Vibrato, which has been on my board for 3 years and more than holds its own against other boutique pedals. Interested in their Rotary Speaker pedal, just to try the effect.

20. bernm

bernm Member

Interesting to read this thread. I had a couple of bad Behringer experiences. This post isn't a complaint about Behringer, it's more of a sharing what I've learned / experienced.

I had the older version of their multi-effects pedals years ago, but sold it because in my opinion it wasn't all that great and was a bit noisy too, IIRC. That wasn't enough to deter me though, because I had read good reviews of some of their other pedals, and well there are gems and duds in many brands.

So earlier this year I bought their Space-C pedal from an eBay dealer because I was looking into chorus pedals at the time, and thought both it and the Boss Dimension C sounded good in demos. And to be honest it actually did sound quite good - except that straight out of the box it had a ticking/clicking sound when button 1 was engaged (my favourite of the modes, apart from the clicking!). For various reasons I couldn't sort it out immediately at the time and missed the eBay/PayPal return window. So when I was able to pursue this, I did so under the Behringer warranty directly with them. They told me that their warranty didn't apply even though I bought it new (and it was within the warranty period), because that seller turned out not to be an authorised dealer after all. And they said that because they were "changing partners in Australia" they could not provide information on who to contact for repair. To be fair to Behringer, they were very friendly and prompt in replying to my emails. But still that was a bit disappointing. The $50 pedal wasn't worth repairing out of my own pocket of course, so I sold it on eBay as a broken unit just to get something back on it.

Sorry if it sounds like I'm rambling, but I guess I'm saying that I've learned the hard way that if I was to buy another Behringer pedal, it would definitely be from an authorised dealer only. My experience has been 1 not-so-great-sounding-but-working pedal, and 1 very-nice-sounding-but-broken pedal. Just my 2 cents and my personal experience, of course. Nothing against Behringer overall, and I wouldn't advise people to never buy their products, but I guess at that price you win some and lose some. And if you get a winner, it seems like you can get a very good pedal for the price (given those with good experience with the reverb and vibrato as examples). But I wasn't so fortunate.