1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Behringer pedals

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by edwardsforest, Feb 18, 2009.

1. edwardsforest

edwardsforest Member

whats the deal? plastic casing? obviously no true bypass, noise, but $30 dollars?

anyone give any of these a ride? waste of money?

2. TieDyedDevil

TieDyedDevil Member

Mrs. TDD has a couple. No issues.

You wouldn't want to abuse them, but then I doubt most people around here bang up their pedals. And if you do mess it up, you're only out $30...

3. guitarguy9597

guitarguy9597 Member

My two sons have Beringer tuners. Ehh...they're passable. They also have B'ger wahs (toy-like). One already wants to upgrade. I tried a B'ger delay (Echo Park clone). Extremely noisy, I could hear its clock even when it was turned off. Might have been a bad unit. My local Mom 'n' Pop says they hace very few problems out of them. Anyway, they gave me a refund since they didn't have another in stock. I wound up biting the bullet for a Digitech DL-8 (Very pleased with it BTW.) I might give B'ger another shot sometime.

4. forum_crawler

forum_crawler Member

If you are on a budget, and need some good pedals, consider the Danelectro Cool Cat series. They are very cheap but come in metal casing and sport true bypass.

Some of them are clones of some of the most popular bouteek pedals you see discussed here, so if you want the sounds, but don't have the moola for them, then check these pedals out.

5. sleejay80

sleejay80 Member

I've bought one of their Acoustic DIs and digital reverb.

Acoustic DI was useable I guess, but nothing more, nothing to get excited about, nothing really "good" about it. I ended up getting the Baggs Para DI.

The digital delay was terrible, it made a beating noise, even with its own AC power source. I unplugged it even before I ever engaged the effect.

I'll never get a behringer effect again.

I hear their mixers break all the time too.

6. kev324

kev324 Supporting Member

I'll admit the reverb pedal offerings from Behringer look impressive on paper. My local store started carrying them but not any of the verbs. The 600 series delay seemed okay, the blues overdrive(?) actually sounded decent through a small solid state. I might give em shot. The CC series from Dano is terrific for the money. I've got 3, I am wishing they'll do a verb or a delay.

7. ruger9

ruger9 Member

Speaking of the RV600, which is a clone of Verbzilla... I have both. Here's a quick compare:

There's one big difference with the Verbzilla vs. RV600...
    The buffer.
    Neither pedal is true-bypass, they both have buffers instead, but they are different buffers. The Verbzilla's buffer is a very good one, so good it almost accentuates the high end when it's on. It's a very pristine and studio-quality type of reverb... almost "hard".
    The RV600 has a poor-quality buffer... when it's on it seems to "soften" everything... just a tad.... definitely not studio-quailty. But IMHO it sounds more like amp reverb for this very reason. On an amp, when you engage the reverb control, it sends the guitar signal thru more circuitry, which "softens" it just a tad. The RV600 does the same thing.
    It's really a matter of personal taste, but I prefer the RV600 to the Verbzilla for this reason. It sounds more organic & warmer to me. The Verbzilla is great, but it's a little to sterile & stiff by comparison.
    I wouldn't gog with the RV600 tho... I'd be too scared it would get broken to easily.

I also have their cheaper reverb, the silver one, and it's good too. The tremolo kinds sucked tho. Tuna Melt is better.

8. rob2001

rob2001 Member

The 3 I bought sounded fine but stopped working within 2 months. They weren't abused. Just my experience.

9. Blurillaz

Blurillaz Member

I got 2 of them for free for buying a $12.00 magazine. They weren't that good...

10. ultrevex

ultrevex Member

I bought the MXR style phaser knock off, it sounds very good and has a good bypass tone.

I then bought the Dyna Comp style, it's bloody awful.

I've had one of their Mackie knockoff mixers for 12 years or so and it works perfectly and sounds good. Same for the firewire audio interface I use to record with my laptop... perfectly functional, sounds very good, no worries, dirt cheap.

I'm sure their analog effects are mostly usable, but digital boxes that sell for $30-50? Can't expect much there, IMO.

11. Gas-man

Gas-man Unrepentant Massaganist

I have a Behringer reverb pedal I use with my acoustic board.

Sounds great for the application.

12. Polynitro

Polynitro Member

Ive got an old TO100 (tube overdrive)...sounds good

13. edwardsforest

edwardsforest Member

hmmm.... maybe give a few a try. The dd400 was one I was interested in but many people have said that that are failures....

14. vulcaniza P

vulcaniza P Member

i have the reverb machine. it works tremendously. no problems no failures no breaking.
    for the price it CANNOT be beat.