• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Behringer Pmp2000d

Beachstrings

Hey guys, my band currently runs 2 behringer B212xl (monitor)
200/800 8 ohm 12 inch and
2 EV Zx5-90 (main)
600/2400 8 ohm 15 inch
Mackie 808 that has seen its last gig…..
We plug in two mics for guitar amps, three mics vocal, key board, and pre recorded digital bass and drums. via 1/4 inch
Question: We have purchased a Behringer pmp 2000D as it is powerful and very lightweight.. Will it meet our needs, or will we have to get rid of the monster EV speakers?
Assuming we ditch EVs (they are way more than we need) , could we go with a pair of 400 continuous watt speakers , and the 212xls?
We are a three person pop rock band, not heavy metal or face melting stuff. No drummer, no bass player. We play local bars and pubs, occasional mid size party room
Thank you for comments!

modulusman

The only thing in your OP that isn't crap is the EVs. :D Ditch the rest of it and buy something worth owning.

Nebakanezer

World’s Okayest Guitar Player
Gold Supporting Member
I wouldn’t say ditch what you got, but @modulusman is correct in that the EVs are the best part of your PA!! I looked them up and they have good reviews and honestly, if you aren’t planning on going all in on active speakers, I would be planning on moving them to monitor duties, once I got new mains! That’s if I was planning for future expansion?!?!
The EVs seem to go for 1000 new and around half that in the used market?!?!
With no drums or bass, then I might consider selling it all for a stick PA or two?

Giga

If it all works (and is paid for) and you guys are content, why change ?

Good luck !

Giga

Beachstrings

Thank you NEBAKANEZER, for your respectful reply and good advice. Agreed that the EVs are quality. They came to us free of charge as well as the 808, so we used them to get get out and gig even though they are more than we need. Time to get smaller, lighter equipment that suits our needs. Three musicians, all 60 plus! Looking now at some smaller speakers. Perhaps, as I said, with 400 continuous for mains. Peavy, JBL. And hoping that we made the right choice with the pmp2000d. It gets good reviews on all sites.

modulusman

Hey guys, my band currently runs 2 behringer B212xl (monitor)
200/800 8 ohm 12 inch and
2 EV Zx5-90 (main)
600/2400 8 ohm 15 inch
Mackie 808 that has seen its last gig…..
We plug in two mics for guitar amps, three mics vocal, key board, and pre recorded digital bass and drums. via 1/4 inch
Question: We have purchased a Behringer pmp 2000D as it is powerful and very lightweight.. Will it meet our needs, or will we have to get rid of the monster EV speakers?
Assuming we ditch EVs (they are way more than we need) , could we go with a pair of 400 continuous watt speakers , and the 212xls?
We are a three person pop rock band, not heavy metal or face melting stuff. No drummer, no bass player. We play local bars and pubs, occasional mid size party room
Thank you for comments!
Your 808 was supply 450 watts for the 2 EV speakers. Not sure why you would think the more powerful Behringer wouldn't work. Granted the Pmp 2000 is behringer watts.:) I would be worried that the 1000 watts per channel don't destroy the 212xls. I just looked at Peavey and JBL passive 15s and I don't see anything that is much lighter than what you already have.

Beachstrings

So here is an update…We took deliver on the PMP2000d, as well as Behringer 215xls for use as mains. Keeping the 212xls to monitor and we have a system that is easy to operate, lightweight, and powerful.

modulusman

So here is an update…We took deliver on the PMP2000d, as well as Behringer 215xls for use as mains. Keeping the 212xls to monitor and we have a system that is easy to operate, lightweight, and powerful.
On the sweetwater site it says the maximum SPL is 96 dbs The EVs that you had would have been at least twice as loud. I edited my post because the maximum dbs on sweetwater seamed way to low. Behringer says 96db sensitivity.

Last edited:

Trending Topics

Top Bottom