Belle Epoch and Chase Tone Secret Preamp redundant?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by sweetpea, Apr 24, 2016.

1. sweetpea

sweetpea Supporting Member

I have a Belle Epoch and it is just awesome. I tend to run the preamp in the Belle Epoch at about half way to give the front of the amp a bit of a hit. I have read nothing but rave reviews in regard to the Chase Tone Secret Preamp and as G.A.S. would have it, I am intrigued. I would the imagine the Chase Tone is a step up from the Belle Epoch circuit and if so, would simply turning off the Belle Epoch preamp and using the Chase Tone only be the best move to make? Is anybody using both in tandem?

2. dhdfoster

dhdfoster Silver Supporting Member

Keep in mind that you cannot turn the preamp in the Belle off when the effect is engaged.

3. dhdfoster

dhdfoster Silver Supporting Member

Oh, and very OT, but I just noticed your location. I think I played there a few years ago in a cafe that joined to an old mining shaft. It was very cool, if I'm remembering the location correctly.

4. samboneecanada

samboneecanada Member

The chase tone secret is really great image in andthatsalliknow.