Ben Sparaco Band debut: Bring The Jubilee EP (18 y.o. slide guitarist/singer/songwriter)

Discussion in 'Artist Spotlight' started by Stratoben127, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Stratoben127

Stratoben127 Supporting Member

Hey guys! After years of playing in other people's bands doing lots of covers and spinning my wheels in other original bands throughout my time in high school, I started my own band, the Ben Sparaco Band, in August of 2015, just before I moved to Nashville, TN to start college, which I ended up leaving to tour because the band took off so quickly.

I'm very excited to announce our debut release- Bring The Jubilee EP. It features all original songs, four studio tracks, and two live tracks from one of our first major shows back in December.

**** https://bensparacomusic.bandcamp.com/album/bring-the-jubilee-ep ****

It was recorded at Power Station Studios in Pompano Beach, Florida- owned by Tony Bongiovi who worked at Motown and started the original Power Station studio in NYC which is now Avatar. The studio in Florida is very similar to the NYC one and even has some of the original outboard gear from Motown. The album was recorded into ProTools and we decided to run the final mix through 2-inch tape and forego traditional mastering since it is only an EP.

My gear on the whole thing is just two amps run separately- an Alessandro 1/2AZZ through four Alessandro Neo 10" speakers (same rig as Derek Trucks- in fact I have his cab), and a Muleskinner 5E3 style amp with 5881s and a larger output transformer in an oversized 1x12 cab with a 50s Jensen P12Q. Guitar amp mic is always an SE Electronics VR1 Passive Ribbon. The only effects are a 3 Leaf Audio Octabvre on one song and a vintage Fender Spring Reverb with the Muleskinner. Guitars are a Dickey Betts SG in open E for most of the songs, a '53 Gold Top Les Paul with humbuckers for "Soul Miner" and the main lead in "Hammer That Nail", a '59 ES-345 for the rhythm tracks on "Ghost Of A Self" and "Hammer That Nail", and a '51 Martin 000-18 on "Walk On The Levee" and "Ghost Of A Self."

If you're interested in hearing/seeing more or catching us live check out our website, Facebook page, and other social media.
    http://bensparaco.com

I'll leave you with a video of us playing Rahsaan Roland Kirk's Volunteered Slavery into my original Who's Gonna Follow from our set last week at Wanee Festival. Thanks for checking it out!

roknfnrol and pattste like this.
  2. AndreasG

AndreasG Member

3. thewhit

thewhit Silver Supporting Member

Extremely impressive for your age............and most ages frankly. Like the Allman tones.

4. Bloomfield fan

Bloomfield fan Silver Supporting Member

best of luck, great playing.