• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Benny & The Jets

Hello ~ I was listening to the song Benny & The Jets the other day and wondered how difficult it would be to craft a "live" song in the studio. My group has several live recordings of our music, but they lack a certain audio dynamic for one reason or another. Are there any tricks or tips the group could share?

paddywhack

Gold Supporting Member
....studio live recording is generally not that difficult as long as studio live results are acceptable....great songs and playing with the added dynamic and synergy of a live performance have been knpwn to compensate for less than stellar audio production.....

rob2001

well, you could do a totally live performance in a studio and it can still sound like a studio. I'd start by practicing a lot to get a great performance from everyone, set the band up in one room, close mic as usual and add some room mics. Even at that, it can still sound like a studio production. So i'm thinking you'll need to import some crowd sounds and choose some verbs or delays to simulate a big building. But instead of individually placing verbs, i'd put it on the entire mix. An auditorium doesn't separate the drums from a guitar.

onemind

If you do use gobos to isolate instruments and mic's make sure to maintain sight lines between the players.

Trending Topics