Sold Benson Chimera 30/15-watt head - factory upgrades

Discussion in 'Amps & Cabs Emporium Archive' started by DCH, Dec 7, 2016.

1. DCH

DCH Supporting Member

SOLD

I hate to have to sell this amp, and am dragging my heels at doing so, but it really has to go along with a few other things after my band situation changed while I was awaiting the build.

This is a custom Benson Chimera in great looking "Night Moves" covering, which I ordered with the four 6V6s biased separately in two pairs so you can pull a pair for half-power mode (ie 15 watts), and with a three-way bright switch placed between the Volume and Treble controls, which gives a subtle extra lift in chime in the up or down positions (two flavors, but subtle), or "normal" in the middle.

It has its original tubes with just a few hours use on them, and is in absolutely perfect, mint condition in every way.

This little head sounds superb, with great playing dynamics and a tone that runs from crisp and chimey to chewy and crunchy. It's a punchy, gutsy 30 watts in standard mode, or a more easily controlled 15 watts with two 6V6s pulled.

This gorgeous amp was perfect for the band I was in when I ordered it... but that band imploded meanwhile, and I have to shift my rig to something more classic-Marshall based.

SOLD shipped and PayPal'd.
    Make me an offer - no reasonable offer refused!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
  2. jdsgilmour

jdsgilmour Suffering from chronic gearitis Gold Supporting Member

Dave, you're killing me! You ALWAYS have the best gear. I've wanted a Benson for a while. Great amp. GLWS!!!

3. DCH

DCH Supporting Member

Thanks, John. And you've got a decent amp or two yourself!

I'm really impressed with this Chimera - it has a very rich tone, and the playing dynamics are outstanding.

4. cognitiveitch

cognitiveitch Silver Supporting Member

Man, somebody needs to jump on this! Good guy to deal with too.

5. DCH

DCH Supporting Member

Thanks Jeff. Yeah, it's a ridiculously good amp - certainly at this price, but any price really.

6. guitarman92

guitarman92 Supporting Member

I don't suppose there's a lay away option...