BenWabranes on Jazz

Discussion in 'Builder's & Retailer's Forum' started by SKATTERBRANE, Jan 30, 2012.

1. SKATTERBRANE

SKATTERBRANE Member

2. MadFrank

MadFrank Supporting Member

Hi SB! I have a question about the Ben-Wabranes and thought that here was a good place to ask. I'm considering a set of these as a replacement for my 03' LP Standard and really like the clips, including the one above. The Bridge is a 'Metalbraine' I believe, and quite a hot wind. Would it be possible to custom order a set that is slightly 'cooler' in the bridge and still be in the same area of 'fat and balanced' tone that the two videos demonstrate, particularaly in the middle position? Or am I worrying about nothing and the bridge isn't as hot as it sounds?

Cheers!

3. SKATTERBRANE

SKATTERBRANE Member

It is true the wind is similar to a bridge Metalbrane, but the magnet, bobbins, slugs and pole screws are different. If you like fat and compressed bridge, then the BenWabrane is for you. If you prefer more dynamics and a bit brighter, drier bridge tone, then go with the Earthbtranes.

Either way, the middle position will be great and the neck pickup is world class.

Remember all my pickups are within the range of a PAF, as far as output. The hottest PAFs come nowhere near the output of modern "metal" pickups.

4. MadFrank

MadFrank Supporting Member

Thanks for the reply SB!

5. SKATTERBRANE

SKATTERBRANE Member

In short, the bridge of my BenWabranes is not simply a Metalbrane bridge pickup. Even my site mentions they share a wind, but not much more.

6. SKATTERBRANE

SKATTERBRANE Member