• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Berklee Summer Program

rocknroll04

Hi, first of all my name is Ryan. I have been browsing around the site for a while and posted a few replies. I play the guitar and got accepted to the 5-week summer program and had a few questions that I think this board has the intellect to answer. First, for those of you that have attended berklee summer programs (or the college). What is the schedule like? Do you have any freetime? On the site, they said their are homework assignments, what are these assignments like? Finally, what should I practice up on before I show up? I have been playing since I was 10 (i'm sixteen now). I know basic theory and have minor experience in reading. I know my major and minor pentatonic scales up and down the fretboard. Thank you so much in advance. -Ryan

GtrWiz

Hey Ryan,
I went to the 5-week program, and loved it. I ended up doing the whole four years after that experience. Berklee is an amazing school no matter what anyone has to say about it. The best part about it is that you get back as much as you put in. Having said that I know a bunch of people that went, were basically lazy, and then bad mouth the school for not making them better...

If you're looking for free time, stay home or go to summer camp. If you want to bust your butt and get better, go to Berklee.

Homework can be anything from practicing scales, writing out 100 quarter notes, to listening to a Miles Davis record for future discussion.

As for what to practice, they will have you audition when you get there so you will be placed in the right level classes. I would suggest learning the major modes, and the chords that go with them, before you get there, to make the best of your time while there...

PM me if you have any more questions,

Chris

rocknroll04

Thanks, man. I am really looking forward to going. I really want to learn a lot while i am there and hope on day to attend college at Berklee. I just wanted to know how packed the schedule would be. Thanks again.

Also, I am from Austin (Lake Travis). I went on your myspace and the music awesome. Are you doing any shows soon?

GtrWiz

Thanks!

I'm working on it... putting a new band together right now...

Do you have a teacher? I teach in Steiner Ranch if you need one...

8Painting

I went to a summer program there, it was fun, and helped me grow.

I wish I was put in a higher caliber class though, sometimes I felt that since I wasn't able to sight read they put me in a lower class than I should have been in.

Trending Topics