Bernie Williams and Gil Parris NAMM Marriott Stage!

Discussion in 'Gig Alert' started by Gil Parris, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Gil Parris

Gil Parris Member

Lucidology and Funky Chicken like this.
  2. Jon Silberman

Jon Silberman 10Q Jerry & Dickey Gold Supporting Member

I'm not familiar with Bernie Williams as a guitarist but have heard Gil Parris live 3 times. He is a superb guitarist and a pleasure to hear. What I love most about him is that while he can cover standard jazz tunes with the best of them, he is not afraid to throw any number of other genres of playing into his songs with superb technique and a sense of humor that perhaps is better characterized as playfulness. Were I at NAMM, I would not miss him!

P.S. to Gil - I'm Fabian Rivelis's friend, the tall guy with the 'stache. We met once at Blues Alley in DC a few years back and once also at the Philly Guitar show even more years ago. :)

Gil Parris likes this.
  3. bigeric

bigeric Member

Gil stop by Vegas. Lets hang.....

Gil Parris likes this.
  4. erikzen

erikzen Member

I had the pleasure of watching these guys play at a bar about 5 minutes from my house. My best friend's sister and brother-in-law own the bar and they played an unannounced gig (at least Bernie wasn't announced; Gil was already on the "bill"). I would see them again in a heartbeat.

Gil Parris likes this.
  5. Funky Chicken

Funky Chicken Member

Jon-
    In the small world department, I was in Fabian's HS graduating class, a couple of years away from Gil. We went to the Phish show in Raleigh together this past summer. Great guy.
    Hi Gil...

6. Jon Silberman

Jon Silberman 10Q Jerry & Dickey Gold Supporting Member

Wow, it really is a small world! I went to the Phish show this summer, at Merriwether Post Pavillion in MD, with Fabian, his son Ben, my daughter, and my niece!

Funky Chicken likes this.