Besides "Something", what's your favorite George Harrison solo?

rubbersoul

Silver Supporting Member
I got to say...one of my favorites of his is Octupus's Garden. That is an unbelievably melodic solo.

I also like the slide in Isn't it a Pity. Just beautiful.

WornFrets

Silver Supporting Member
You mentioned two great ones!

'Till There Was You is a really good early one of his.

Rick N Boogie

On his last album, Brainwashed, there's an instrumental which I can't remember the name of, but it's a hauntingly beautiful piece of music.

pete692

Silver Supporting Member
They're not so much solos, as fills, but he peppers the coolest lines all over Abbey Road- one of my favorites is on the Medley, where Golden Slumbers transitions into Carry That Weight over the You Never Give Me Your Money refrain. Absolutely breathtaking, and it gives me chills everytime.

Motterpaul

Tone is in the Ears
Drive My Car has some of the best lead playing and signature riff creation he ever did. He was primed in the era.

You can't miss - And Your Bird Can Sing.

I'm Down is one of the raunchiest - in a very good way.

Roll Over Beethoven rocked the most (but arguably derivative of Chuck Berry)

A Hard Days Night was short but so perfect for the song.

My Sweet Lord is one of the most definitive "Harrison Lead Sound" solos with the stress on dripping reverse bends he did better than anyone else.

mockoman

Let It Be (the Spector produced album version-it's not on Naked or the single)
It Don't Come Easy
Back Off Boogaloo
My Sweet Lord
How Do You Sleep
Gimme Some Truth
The Lord Loves the One (that loves the Lord)
Your Love is Forever
Stuck Inside a Cloud

StevenS

I really liked his slide work on "Handle Me With Care"

Also "Free As A Bird"

Very, very tasteful

Carry on...

rubbersoul

Silver Supporting Member
They're not so much solos, as fills, but he peppers the coolest lines all over Abbey Road- one of my favorites is on the Medley, where Golden Slumbers transitions into Carry That Weight over the You Never Give Me Your Money refrain. Absolutely breathtaking, and it gives me chills everytime.
Absolutely! I've loved that fill since I first heard it.

Ulysses

In my mind 2:57 (or the fill that leads to the orchestrated outro) of Strawberry Fields has always been the benchmark example of what the electric guitar is capable of bringing to music in the form of creating the vibe, emotion, and dynamics that can propel a song into greatness.

shg

As well as all those previously mentioned here, "'Til There Was You" always grabs my ear.

Trending Topics