Best 000 NOT OM style guitar. (I like the shorter scale length)

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by guitarboy883, Sep 18, 2011.

1. guitarboy883

guitarboy883 Member

Forgive me if this has already been discussed to death. (I can't seem to get the search function to work on my phone and am without a computer at the moment.)

I'm looking for a good 000 style guitar, Martin or othe makers. Tone wise I want a warm and responsive guitar. I like Claptons acoustic tone (obviously I can't achieve that quality tone as I'm not Clapton) an Jeff Tweedy's as well. I want 14 frets at the neck joint, no cut away, and no acoustic/electrics, acoustics only please.

I know that's a lot to ask and if there's another style of guitar that does that better feel free to suggest. Also if there are threads that discuss this topic already links would be much appreciated. :)

2. RnB

RnB Member

Most Triple 0's come w/ a 1 11/16" nut. The EC model & the 000-18 Golden Era have 1 3/4" nuts. If you play fingerstyle, you'll most likely welcome that added acreage. Both also have V-necks & are priced the same I believe. The 000-18GE (Golden Era) is a wondeful Martin. Not too many complaints about it.

Elderly Instruments has a 000-28H custom made for them. It has the smaller nut width...!

BTW: There's an acoustic section on TGP.

3. terrapin

terrapin Member

I have a Clapton 00028 and LOVE it. I played a bunch before finding mine, but the time was well spent. The 1 3/4 nut, short scale and modified V neck. Are so nice!

4. sublimeaudio

sublimeaudio Silver Supporting Member

I had a Martin 000-18 GE for a long time. It was a great sounding guitar and the neck is awesome on that model. Lately I've been lusting for a Collings 01 with an Adirondack top. I played one at Mandolin Bros. and it sounded great for a smaller bodied guitar.

5. go7

go7 Member

I also have a Martin 000-18GE. Wonderful guitar. Best I`ve owned in 48 years.
    For less money 000-15SM from my fav guitars.
    Good luck

6. Trego

Trego Member

I own a 000-28H and I am really enjoying it!

Super comfortable body size for a shorter guy (5' 5")

Sounds loads better than the OM-21 I tried. The ornamentation is awesome too, the HD-28 was the guitar I've always wanted, but the D-Style was too big for me. This is a great compromise, with a much more balanced tone.