1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Best 10-15watt amp under $3.5k

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by screamtone, Dec 27, 2005.

1. screamtone

screamtone Supporting Member

Tell me what y'all got!

2. themusicboxstudios

themusicboxstudios Member

3. jokerjkny

jokerjkny Member

alessandro beagle
    alessandro black 'n tan

both chime for days. beagle is that lightning matchless wish they made, and the BnT has a mighty plexi roar for an amp its size. and you'll have plenty left over for a nice bob burt cab to go w/ 'em. :cool:

4. thesedaze

thesedaze Member

Siegmund Midnight Special for under half that.

Wayne likes this.
  5. Johnnythunders

Johnnythunders Member

Absolutely the best I have 2.

6. rpavich

rpavich Member

Just a comment; did anyone think we'd ever be at the point where a heading like "best 10 watt amp under THREE AND A HALF THOUSAND DOLLARS" wouldn't even rate a comment of whew? :)

bob

7. trisonic

trisonic Member

Doh! I was thinking that, too.
    What's the best 10-15 watt over 3.5 Grand would be interesting!

Best, Pete.

8. RichSZ

RichSZ Member

I thought the same thing....geez, I'm gonna say just about anything is available for that kind of jack.

Actually if I had that to spend, it would be a /13 10/20 and a decent telecaster. There. That should hold you over for about 50 years :AOK

9. Funky Chicken

Funky Chicken Member

I gotta say that the title of this thread makes me think we have all lost our minds to some degree-I almost thought this was an April Fools' thread.

10. 1radicalron

1radicalron Member

I Snaged this off EBAY about a Year ago. I got it for $1250.00 and It is in Imacculate Condition. I had it Re-Capped and Had my Tech Bias the Brimar 6V6's at 35 milliamps. I Changed a few of the Pre-Amp tubes and Paid alot of Money for a Few Old NOS Mullard 12ax7's. - But It was Worth it!
    I Experimented with some different 10" Speakers for several Months and Have finally Settled with the Eminence Ramrod. - It had the Biggest Sound compared to The Original Jensen P-10, JBL D-110, Weber Blue Pup, Modern Jensen C-10 and Celestion Vintage 10.
    This is the best 12 watt Amp I have ever heard! The Vintage Charachter and Classic Vibe is Un-Obtainable in any Modern Amp at any price!
    Besides the Princeton Reverb is one of the most Recorded Guitar Amps of all time. - but Jeff Beck's Blow by Blow is reason enough for me!
    [​IMG]

11. cnardone

cnardone Member

I agree on the Aleesandro's. I love my Beagle. I would love to have a Black n' Tan. The only problem is that they really are not baby friendly even at 10-15 watts.

cmn

12. Leonc

Leonc Wild Gear Hearder Gold Supporting Member

I'm sorry but for the best 10-15W amp, I think you'll need to spend pretty close to 3.5k. If you're interested let me know because I'm thinking of selling mine... :)

13. Scumback Speakers

Scumback Speakers Gold Supporting Member

I heard the "bro" discount price might be $3495.00...exactly what am I getting for my money, Leon? Or is it a "surprise"? ;)

14. Leonc

Leonc Wild Gear Hearder Gold Supporting Member

Like the tread title sez, what you're getting is The Best 10-15w amp, plus I'm gonna throw in a set of the Emperor's new duds for free if you order before midnight. :rolleyes:

15. toddyjoe

toddyjoe Member

Saw an original, early Vox AC-15 with the EF86 circuit not long ago at about that price.

16. dankayaker

dankayaker Supporting Member

Star amps Gainstar 15 or 30.

17. Craise

Craise Member

+1 on a Vintage Princeton! I love my 64 Princeton Reverb. It sounds so good.
    I add BJF Pedals to color the killer clean tone. I do think vintage is the way to go.
    They have mojo that newer amps just don't have. IMHO! Also resale value is only going up. :dude

[​IMG]

18. Scumback Speakers

Scumback Speakers Gold Supporting Member

Dude, I'm in...check your PM...I need to figure out if I can sell my 1961 SG Standard with PAF's for enough money to get THAT amp! Hold it for me...will ya?

19. Fretmaster

Fretmaster Member

Divided by 13 SJT 10/20 head and 2 or 4X12 cab specifically.

20. µ¿ z3®ø™

µ¿ z3®ø™ Member

gotta love the univalve.
    my '58 champ is cool.
    my matchless DC30 in the half power position puts out 3 watts too many, so i guess it don't count.