• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Best 10’’ for PRR in 2021 that’s NOT Alessandro GA-SC64

vrdl87

Best 10’’ for Princeton Reverb in 2021 that’s NOT Alessandro GA-SC64?

It’s cool if it can help the amp:
- Keep up with the band
- Sound sweet at home
- Have a broad and open sounding frequency range

paddywhack

Gold Supporting Member
Celestion Gold 10 meets the criteria….biggest sounding 10 incher I’ve owned to date…very clear and open sounding….for a less hi-fi earthier and more “American” voiced speaker a Weber 10A125 or 10A150 iare excellent choices….

MHG

On the American side, definitely the Fat Jimmy C1025. The G10 Gold would be a great British option, and would probably be a bit louder. A Princeton's headroom will always be limited regardless of the speaker though.

2L man

My favorite 10" for home playing is Jensen P10R-F because it sound very sweet especially low volume. Its sensitivity is low, only 92,5db, so amp can be opened more, but it sound good when driven using low power from an attenuator. But low sensitivity might make it suffer with loud band and when about 12W is max amp power it can comfortably handle.

Gold is very sweet sounding10" when it is possible to play louder but its low volume sound is not bad but not as interesting as low power low sensitivity Alnicos.

10" Tornado sensitivity is 97db and it sound very good with all amps but with fenders it is great. Its low volume is not too interesting but not bad either.

Last edited:

MikeDrop16701

My favorite 10" for home playing is Jensen P10R-F because it sound very sweet especially low volume. Its sensitivity is low, only 92,5db, so amp can be opened more, but it sound good when driven using low power from an attenuator. But low sensitivity might make it suffer with loud band and when about 12W is max amp power it can comfortably handle.

Gold is very sweet sounding10" when it is possible to play louder but its low volume sound is not bad but not as interesting as low power low sensitivity Alnicos.

10" Tornado sensitivity is 97db and it sound very good with all amps but with fenders it is great. Its low volume is not too interesting but not bad either.
I have the Jensen P10r-f in my super reverb. Nice speakers.

hank57

Silver Supporting Member
Or an odd ball choice like a Weber 10” VS Alnico. I bought a pair used many years ago and I’ve used in a pair and as a single they do everything well. They came heavily doped

vrdl87

Thank you, guys!

I’m reading and checking out your suggestions atm.

Much appreciated :cool:

I have the Jensen P10r-f in my super reverb. Nice speakers.

Thank you for your suggestion! This might seem to be a good match for me :)

My amp came with the P10R, so I wonder How different the F is :)

MikeDrop16701

Thank you, guys!

I’m reading and checking out your suggestions atm.

Much appreciated :cool:

Thank you for your suggestion! This might seem to be a good match for me :)

My amp came with the P10R, so I wonder How different the F is :)
The P10R-F is more darker. Doesn't have the high end bite. More rounder top end and sounds like a well broken in speaker. Not real dark tho. Just enough to take away that high end that's shrill on the p10r

Z Boogieman

I'm considering a 10" Jensen Blackbird for my '65 PR if it will fit........

It fits. I have had one installed in my amp twice. It greatly extends the headroom, making the amp significantly louder.

I play mostly at home now, and actually prefer the P10Q for home use.

If I was gigging on a regular basis, the Blackbird would stay in that amp.

EpiLP1985

Silver Supporting Member
I don’t have it in a PRR but I’m a fan of the Celestion G10N-40 and they are a steal on the secondary market if you find one.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom