Best $1000 guitar?

David B

Silver Supporting Member
PRS S2 or a John Page classic, if you search around you can find one new for around 1K, and certainly used in excellent condition. If you are searching for an electric solid body it's hard to wrong with these.

BigDoug1053

Supporting Member
Almost any new guitar you pay around $1000 for will be a very playable and quality import. Gretsch Electromatics, Reverends, Jacksons, Ibanezi are all good choices I can vouch for. Ibanez Prestige models can found used in EX+ condition at $1000. The Gibsons that go for around this price are also very nice, though not as fancy as the imports. Here's some wonderful instruments I enjoy bought new at this approximate price point:

Jackson Soloist Pro Series SLATQM 7 and SL2QM 6
Jackson Pro Series Dinky DK2
Reverend Warhawk 390
Gibson Faded Les Paul Special DC

Bobby Brown

I never asked anyone to pick my next $1000 guitar for me.
I asked what they would buy with $1000 and why.
I don’t think that my musical preferences should influence that.
Yes, It does in a world full of good 1000$ guitars. With 1000$ I would buy I '52 telecaster with a thick neck.

Oriondk

Since I’m looking for a guitar for jazz it would be a semi-hollow and probably an Ibanez AS93, though I’d shop around before making a final decision, and also look at hollow bodies.

AlanH

Almost any new guitar you pay around $1000 for will be a very playable and quality import. Gretsch Electromatics, Reverends, Jacksons, Ibanezi are all good choices I can vouch for. Ibanez Prestige models can found used in EX+ condition at $1000. The Gibsons that go for around this price are also very nice, though not as fancy as the imports. Here's some wonderful instruments I enjoy bought new at this approximate price point:

Jackson Soloist Pro Series SLATQM 7 and SL2QM 6
Jackson Pro Series Dinky DK2
Reverend Warhawk 390
Gibson Faded Les Paul Special DC
Am surprised Ibanez Prestige took 'til now to come up.

I can vouch for the MIJ RG550 Genesis. I also like my faded Gibsons and I have my eyes on the PRS S2 Standards. As a gigging musician with family I live in this price bracket. You start to get true quality and reliability if you're happy to forgo bling and gloss

jerryratpack

Gold Supporting Member
I absolutely love the PRS SE line from World Music...

I guess the jury is still out for the newer Cor-tek Line.

I have on my wish list this year : Not in any particular order

PRS SE Zach Meyer
PRS SE Pauls Guitar
Reverend Sensei FM
Yamaha Rev 820
G&L Blues Boy (import)
although I would like to try out the USA version $1600

All under a Grand New.

Kylote

I basically answered this question for myself a couple months ago and it was a used American standard tele.

Reverend also makes some cool stuff in the $800-1,000 range new.

You don't even have to spend $1000 to have a fully professional quality guitar these days.

Find a new Fender American Performer series Strat or Tele on sale (like this weekend :beer ) or any Charvel San Dimas or ProMod series MIM (don't worry about it.....MIM rocks now!) or even a used Jackson Soloist MIJ. For any guitar at the original cost level of a Soloist or above, I basically always buy used. That way, I can buy more of them. :wave

Sensates

Fender American Special/Performer or (handpick a good) Gibson SG Standard

I'm shocked by how well received the S2 is. i have one Cu24 but would put them below the above two

Trending Topics