Best 12" for a Fender Princeton Reverb?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by 1973Marshall, Jan 2, 2008.

1. 1973Marshall

1973Marshall Member

If you wanted to use your Princeton Verb with a 12" which would you use for ALL AROUND sound? From rock to clean, cranked to pedals?

2. pula58

pula58 Silver Supporting Member

IMHO (as of today, subject to change without notice!) Weber 12F150 for best all around.

Lots of people like Cannabis Rex speakers.

3. K-Line

K-Line Gold Supporting Member

I really dig the Emi Cannibus Rex. It is a nice warm speaker that handles the low end well. I have a PRII from the Rivera Era and it smokes!

4. blackba

blackba Member

Are you changing the baffle in the PR to squeeze in the 12" speaker as I thought they all came with 10's?

I would probably get a weber speaker, like the 12A150 or 12F150. If you want speaker breakup the 12A125A.

5. Blue Strat

Blue Strat Member

Sterling, VA (not far from Washington DC)
    I'm using a Weber 12F150 in an Allen Amplification upgrade Princeton cab. I like both a lot.

6. playon

playon Supporting Member

The Jensen bluebell 12" reissue works great once broken in. Bright and spanky, classic 60s Fender tone, but the alnico helps it break up nicely.

7. jakins

jakins Member

im beginning to think i had a bad weber 12F150, because this board tends to favor it quite a bit, but i thought it was extremely harsh and thin sounding even after weeks of playing it in my deluxe reverb...next to a celestion G12H30 the difference was night and day to me and the other guy listening i like the way the celestion blue or G12H30 sounds...i would vote G12H for all-around...maybe a blue if ya want to spend the cash...

8. blackba

blackba Member

The weber Ceramic blue dogs would be a nice cheaper option to the Celestion alnico blue.....