Best 59 pickup

Castiel

Thoughts on the best 59 pick up youve tried? Or can recommend. Ex, sliders, klein, D. Allen, etc. Also what guitar are they in ( strat single coil I am referencing)

Tonefree

Gold Supporting Member
Some I’ve had, Smitty’s, Sliders SRV, Fender ‘59’s,. let the Fenders go, liked the ‘65’s better. You’ll need to just bight the bullet and start trying some pickups to see what works for your guitar/amp/ear. Really no other way to know. Buy used and move the ones that don’t work. It takes time but is really the only way to make a good decision. Good luck on the hunt!

Cheers, TF...

I just put a set of Duncan 59s in my 2016 ES-335 - I really like them for Classic Rock. They just sound Right. The Right blend of Snarl and Gnaw, The right kind of Vol clean up when I roll back. They can even get some nice jazz sound, when the tone is rolled back some.

Castiel

I just put a set of Duncan 59s in my 2016 ES-335 - I really like them for Classic Rock. They just sound Right. The Right blend of Snarl and Gnaw, The right kind of Vol clean up when I roll back. They can even get some nice jazz sound, when the tone is rolled back some.
I mean single coil for strat.

Trending Topics