Best 6V6 2 channel low wat amp

Papajuice

Gold Supporting Member
Looking into a smaller amp, than my Shiva. Really have been digging the whole 6V6 thing. What I play is mainly the P&W stuff, I know everyone will say I need a el84 amp but have done that and except for the LiL 15 none of the really tweak my interest. Ideally what I want is a 1x12 combo with 15 to 20 watts and two channels, have really gone away from pedals, except for a delay pedal.

goodandswarty

I believe you said two channel... but if you're open... Swart AST MKII. Killer cleans with and option of using 6V6, 6L6 or EL34's without needing to bias. You can just reach through the front, pop the tubes out and in go the new. Awesome for studio or stage, i keep a set of each tube handy.

thiscalltoarms

more gadgets than Batman.
Platinum Supporting Member
also +1 on the Duende. insanely deep verb and trem, darker deluxe-ish 6v6 type cleans, and the breakup is sorta like a tighter marshall thing for on for crunch tones. definitely not the same as a shiva, but killer for rhythm and with a fulldrive it can easily get into the smoother shiva thing.

I'd love one for my church rig. :rockin :dude

strat56

Rivera Venus 3, dual 6V6 Class A, single channel, 1X10 or 1X12, very versatile, vintage/modern switch to cut power in half, gain boost switch. Like mine a lot.

A Clip

Papajuice

Gold Supporting Member
Thanks for the suggestion I think I am seriously go to look at the Dunede. I forgot about the tremolo and the ability to mix channels. Now to sell the Shiva and find a Duende.

Gnarlly

Thanks for the suggestion I think I am seriously go to look at the Dunede. I forgot about the tremolo and the ability to mix channels. Now to sell the Shiva and find a Duende.
I wouldn't be so quick to sell the Shiva to purchase a Duende. I also was looking for a lower wattage amp that I could use in place of my Shiva for smaller gigs. I purchased a Duende, and while I loved the tremelo (which I rarely use), I was not as impressed with the rest of the amp.

Nice versatile clean channel, but the shared EQ of the dark crunch channel limited its use for me. The channel combining was neat, but a novelty feature. I would have preferred separate dedicated EQ's and a solo boost feature, plus the ability to completely switch off the reverb without having to pull the reverb tube/cables. The swampy bias tremelo (wide range in intensity and speed) was the best feature of the amp IMO, but again, I rarely use tremelo.

I ended up picking up a PRRI at a great price, which I preferred to the Duende, and still use my Shiva as my main gigging amp (with a fold-up dolly to help move it around). The PRRI + a good distortion/boost pedal (ex. MI Audio Crunch Box, Fulltone OCD) had a tone that I preferred and was just as versatile as the Duende for me.

Trending Topics