• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Best A/B/Y box under $100?

methenyesque

I'm switching over to dual-amp setup and I've decided that the best way for me to go is with an A/B/Y box that will allow me to use the amps individually or combined.

I use about 8 pedals and most likely they'll be in a effects loop.

Recommendations?

Jahn

Listens to Johnny Marr, plays like John Denver
Silver Supporting Member
yep, radial bigshot ABY is awesome!

Jahn

Listens to Johnny Marr, plays like John Denver
Silver Supporting Member
but that's not under 100 i think.

methenyesque

So what's the deal with a powered ABY vs. a passive one like Loop-Master?

Looks like most of them are powered. Does it really matter much?

vintage66

So what's the deal with a powered ABY vs. a passive one like Loop-Master?

Looks like most of them are powered. Does it really matter much?
I would like to know too. I tried both amps using a stereo pedal and go a bad humming noise so would the the Bigshot cure this? How about the Loop-Master?

methenyesque

I'm probably leaning towards the Big Shot. It has a tuner out also.

Not sure about the transformer. But I've heard all three units I'm considering are very quiet.

The finalists:

Radial Big Shot
Startouch ABY
Loop-Master ABY

methenyesque

Decided on the Radial Big Shot.

Seems to have most bang for the buck. I got a great price for it and should be here within the week.

Thanks for the suggestions.

fatcat

I like the guys from loop master that made me a little a/b box. with a a/b/y you may need something like a hum x if a ground loop happens between the two amps.
woops missed the big shot. i hate plastic jacks tho. the bigshot i had i sent back because it had bleed.

Trending Topics