Best Acoustic Guitar Processor???

Discussion in 'Acoustic Instruments' started by mingo, Jul 16, 2008.

1. mingo

mingo Member

Anyone have any opinions on the best acoustic guitar processor out there???

I don't care a whole lot about effects, mostly just tone.

Thanks

2. jbryant3

jbryant3 Member

Not sure what you're looking for but one piece of equipment that I simply will not play without, and it is the only thing between my guitar and the board is the Aphex Acoustic Exciter. Little green stomp box that can also act as a DI box with it balance out that will run off of phantom power from the board. It has fours knobs that without getting techical essentially control bass and treble. But it does so much more for your sound. Here's a link to Aphexs site. Check it out. I've used a lot of stuff over the years for great acoustic tone and besides my Boss TU tuner this is the only pedal I use.
    http://www.aphex.com/demo1401.htm

Jim B

3. thudle

thudle Member

pendulum audio sps-1.

4. in a little row

in a little row Member

+1 on the little green box :AOK

5. scottpic

scottpic Member

Anyone with an ear for tone knows that the raw sound coming from a piezo pickup sucks! I oughta know as I have been using them live every week for 10 years now.

For the past 5 years I have been using the PRS Hollowbody 1 with the LR Baggs piezo system. This is the best that is out there right now.

I have used a Taylor 414-CE for many shows also.

What I have used & currently use is a TC Electronic G-Major.
    I use a bit of compression, parametric EQ, a splash of reverb or chorus when needed. The EQ & compression go a long way to help out the quack & honk of any piezo system.

I use an FBT 2 way powered speaker as my monitor on stage and send a feed to the house.

The only thing I dont like is having to haul & set up a rack system every time we practice or play.

I would like to find a small floor unit for EQ & Comp. I think I could live with that or I would like to try! : )

6. ronster

ronster Member

7. mingo

mingo Member

hey that's the one i'm getting in about a week. what do you like about it??

8. ronster

ronster Member

I use the M1 passive soundhole pickup in my Yairi, and I use the AG stomp to boost the signal for the sound board. Great mic modelling, reverb, delay & chorus all built in. The built in tuner is flaky.

9. mingo

mingo Member

yeah that's what everyone says about the ag, great unit, terrible tuner. good to know, thanks

10. timmerel

timmerel Member

11. jamison162

jamison162 Supporting Member

K&K Pure Pickups > LR Baggs PADI w/Aphex Acoustic Xciter > Board and a line out to my Ultrasound AG50-DS3 on stage. Best acoustic sound I've ever had. Guitar is a Taylor 810 w/bone saddle and Newtone or JP strings.

12. hdhoo73

hdhoo73 Member

If you're specifically looking for a processor then the following will not apply: If cost is not a factor the Pendulum SPS-1 is unrivaled as a preamp and direct box combo. As an inexpensive alternative the LR Baggs Para DI works very well.

Jim