• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Best Affordable Fuzz Pedals

exodus

Looking for suggestions for the best fuzz pedals in their "class" (i.e., fuzz face, big muff, tone bender, etc.) that are best for their value. Not the cheapest, just the best tone for the price point. To put it another way, some people spend a lot of money chasing the last 99.9% of tone for large money. I'm looking for the 90% tone/really good, for that money.

Right now I'm looking for a classic germanium fuzz face, but will be looking for other flavors.

Kylote

I think for at least the first 2, the originals aren't that expensive like mentioned above. EH Big Muff is $70-80, a Dunlop Fuzz Face is around $100 if you go used, but $130 new which is still reasonable

jzero

Hate the form factor, but the Dano coolcat fuzz sounds great with the bass maxed, treble and gain minimized. Huge gain that cleans up to a mild dirty-clean. I think it's supposed to be like a Peach Fuzz. I like the blue mini fuzz face too.

ChipOnly

Silver Supporting Member
My speciality!

Biyang fuzz star. Great sounding, well built true bypass muff clone, $40 or so.

BBE windowpane. Silicon fuzz face. Got one few for $40 last week.

Another great cheapie is the tone city fuxx fuzz, which is almost certainly a foxx tone machine clone. About $60.

JJO

Platinum Supporting Member
The Fulltone '69 is not exactly bargain-priced, but it's not expensive either, and it's a great deal for what you get. It is exactly what I was looking for in a fuzz face.

Last edited:

wundergussy

My favorite muff but I don't think $165 would be considered cheap
OP states he doesn't mean inexpensive, but best bang for buck. And you can find a hoof around 110 all day. I can't think of a better fuzz easily found for less than 125; maybe fun ones, but not better.

slave

For pedals that are both top level quality and cheap;
Pretty hard to go past the MI Audio Neo Fuzz & GI Fuzz.

Jet Age Eric

SolidgoldFX's Rosie has everything I want in a Pro MKII (rich, fat body and sustain but a still-present top end) AND it has greater-than-vintage output, it's daisy-chainable, has external bias control and is silicon so temps aren't an issue. It's as good or better than MKIIs that cost a lot more. -E

Funky Monkey

Silver Supporting Member
My favorite octave-up, regardless of price, is the Danelectro French Toast. For a better build quality, the MXR LA Machine sounds great and the non-octave setting crushes!

tubekingsley

Fuzz Face= Oxfuzz
Muff= Barber Trifecta, Devi Ever Hyperion, Hoof
Tonebender= Ramble FX Twin Bender or Lumpy's
Dunlop BOG and BA Solar Myth, both big bang for your buck
Jimmy Behan Super Electric lineup
Fuzz 292
Plum Crazy FX Fuzzy Lady
Lovepedal Super Sic may be the best deal of them all ?

Last edited:

Flatscan

Silver Supporting Member
Many used Basic Audio pedals have gone for great to amazing prices in the Emporium over the last 4 months.

jimbugg

Silver Supporting Member
Fulltone Octafuzz is a killer octavia clone, but with the octave disengaged it's also just a killer fuzz in general. I bought mine used for $100 bucks.

jjones

You'll save time and money starting out by just purchasing any of the Paul Trombetta fuzz pedals.

Trending Topics