1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Best, affordable, low-wattage EL34 amp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by jcmark611, Jan 3, 2008.

1. jcmark611

jcmark611 Member

It seems like all the EL34 amps I see are 50 or 100 watt and very expensive. Is there such a thing as a 15 watt, EL-34 amp that is less than $900?

2. katarzis

katarzis Member

i'm looking for one too.
    only one i found was the Fuchs Lucky 7.

3. river_jetties

river_jetties Member

not necessarily affordable but fargen mini plex

4. CAC

CAC Member

You can get a used Fargen for $750 or so. In fact, I believe there is one for sale on the forum right now. Also, you could get a used THD Univalve and put an EL 34 in the power section. Most low wattage amps run EL 84's instead of EL 34's as you probably know, but I find that a number of EL 84 amps have the same flavor as their bigger brothers.

5. IPlayHamers

IPlayHamers Member

The Lucky 7 is a killer sounding amp. The THD Univale is a viable alternative as well as the Fargen Mini Plex.

6. rockon1

rockon1 Member

Peavey Windsor 15 watts single ended EL34-399$. Bob