Best All in One Unit

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Schuyler Lane, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Schuyler Lane

Schuyler Lane Member

Curious to see what you guys say the best all in 1 effects unit is? Is it the g-system, pod hd500? something digitech makes? I want one floorboard to pick up and take with me and have pretty much everything.

2. Yr Blues

Yr Blues Member

3. lemmiwinks

lemmiwinks Member

4. d3nzi0

d3nzi0 Member

Zoom G7 or Vox Tonelab LE

5. Schuyler Lane

Schuyler Lane Member

I will start looking into these thanks guys. Forgot to say i dont need distortion effects (will take them if they are their though) or amp sims in the board, just a great all fx board.

Keep the suggestions coming

6. voorhiessa

voorhiessa Member

do you need amp modeling? this is really the big question.

if so, Digitech RP500, or Line 6 HD500, or Zoom G3 are all nice and reasonably priced. Boss even makes one (ME70).

what is your budget, son?

7. bruce1448

bruce1448 Member

Does a Fractal AxeFX II count + the foot controller count? They sound really good to my ears. May be way overboard for what you want though...Also, they're $2200 + the cost of a foot controller and ~5 month wait time...

8. Archangelyabbo

Archangelyabbo Member

I am rocking a Nova System...
    I love it.

9. JCW308

JCW308 Supporting Member

If that's the case, hands-down it's the TC Nova System. The price has never been lower, either.

10. Schuyler Lane

Schuyler Lane Member

Don't need amp modeling. Budget could be as high as 1k although I know nothing mentioned so far cost that much

11. weshunter

weshunter Supporting Member

i've had the g3, nova system, a ton of boutique pedals and the M13. I started with the M13 and sold it. then i tried the other stuff, including a ton of pedals and went back to the M13. the nova system probably (maybe) sounds better, but the fun factor and ease of use on the M13 is 100% better. pair the M13 with good amp distortion or a good OD pedal and it's all you need -- or at least it's all i need. i have no pedal GAS at all.

12. Schuyler Lane

Schuyler Lane Member

reason why i ask is i currently have a g system, and am wondering if there is something that can get me in the same ball park effect wise cause the g sounds great, but its a lot of money i have wrapped up in it.

13. Volontaire

Volontaire Member

+1

But, when you're on a clean setting, you can hear very far away a distorted signal... (Does this phenomenon have special name ?...) :huh
    Quite subtle, but it can annoying.

Edit : I've just seen your last message... So the Nova isn't better than the G System ! But, if you have it (and it seems like it's one of the best on the market) why looking for another unit ?

14. jkokura

jkokura Member

I have not tried any of them in particular, however if I were to take a chance I'd likely go with the POD HD system. The features I'd like are there, and the price is much, much less than the TC system.

Jacob