Best amp for pedals? Combo or head

-analog-

Again I'm sort of ampless- minus some JCM800's which don't pedal so great. Sold off much of my displeasing amps and I have a wad of $$ for some amps.

Matchless
Dr.Z Maz 18?
any suggestions??- I'm sick and tired of Fenders..
Thought about hiwatt- tried 2- Loud but not for me.

Open to any suggestion here.

:beer

Frankee

Wartime Consigliere
Smaller Hiwatt inspired amps.....such as the Reeves 30-18-12......are great deals.

If a regular Hiwatt is too loud, Reeves offers power scaling on the 50 and 100 watters.

treedroppings

My Mesa Re-issue is the **** now that I had it repaired by King Amplification.

Funny, but my Vox DA-5 line'd out to it sounds :cool:

Probably would sound great with a good distortion pedal:drool
natural sound is good but deafening

DS88

I really like Dumble style clean channels for pedals.. It's like a Fender but with mids! You get an awesome OD channel to boot!

If I were you I'd look for a Two-Rock or Fuchs dealer and start test driving some amps!

-analog-

Vaguely I remember that Matchless had a Loud/Clean head?? ring a bell??
Not sure if I wan't to get sucked into the "Dumble Vortex" just yet..

TheGigPig

Out of the stupid amount of amps I own/owned, the HC30 with reverb is my pic for pedals. It is truly spectacular. Check one out for sure.

-analog-

Out of the stupid amount of amps I own/owned, the HC30 with reverb is my pic for pedals. It is truly spectacular. Check one out for sure.

does it break up with lots of boost/drive???

my biggest concern is my drive stage-
running a klon>OCD>Wampler pinnacle>Box of rock for low gain- and theres modulation and delay further down the signal path which ends up at a Boss DD-20 which I use for splitting out to Two amps for stereo.

Trending Topics