• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Best analog delay?

cyb3rvampire

Ok guys I've been out of the pedal market for a while and now I'm looking for a new analog delay.

I need a full analog delay circuit that has tap tempo and modulation capablities. Does this mean that the memory lane is my only option? Any other awesome delays that I might not know about?

I've already tried...
all the maxon stuff
Ehx DM
Line 6 DL4.

how does the pigtronix echolution hold up to the memory lane?

Any others?

Thanks!

tjmicsak

I went down that road about ayear ago looking for a substitute for the infamous Aqua-Puss no longer made and way over priced used. Started with a Maxon, then a H2O, then an older Boss Digital with the big chip that can be treble cut to sound real good- very close to analog, then the Memory Lane, which is a real good analog and close to a tape echo, then I got a Analog Echo, which was nice and had a tone knob for adjusting the warmth, and ater all that I ended up getting a Carbon Copy just after the revised version came out and could not be happier. Just something about how the repeats alter as they resolve in a good way. Oh yeah and then there was that nice cheap unit at Toys 'R Us too. Not bad at all.

E Baxter Put

I like them all... yes that's right I love all analog delays!!!

But if you need tap tempo and modulation, then the memory lane is the only option.

Eagle1

How about an analogue sounding patch in a DD20 (it will work and not glitch all over .)

Wheeler004

New malekko? I'm not sure, but I think it has all those functions. The new Analogman delay might also be a candidate...

JAMilrod

Akai Headrush II is a hybrid, but I only use it in Analog Tape emulation mode - I love having that sound with a tap tempo

csrelic58tele

Easy. The Toneczar Echoczar. Ed Rembold is also a paragon of customer service after the sale. That is important. Anybody will bend over backwards for you before getting your money, but how many are there for you once they have your cash?

That being stated, enjoy your three year wait to pay $1400 or so for a complete set-up, though, crazy as that sounds, it is still totally worth it!

Meriphew

I haven't had the opportunity to try an Echoczar yet, but I would say that the Memory Lane is certainly among the best out there.

Trending Topics