Best Analog Flanger?

Daprofessor

Anyone have an idea what the best analog flanger that is not noisy? I know this may not be one's favorite modulation, but that's ok....

Thanks

misa

Silver Supporting Member
I'm not going to dive into the "best" term, but I really like the Moog MF Flanger for a smaller size, tweakable flanger with lots of good sounds to be had.

Others I might suggest looking into: Chase Bliss Spectre, Foxrox Paradox, Boss BF-2, Moog MF-108M, A/DA Flanger

Last edited:
analog-tape-flange.jpg

RMosack

Silver Supporting Member
Hard to define best since there are so many flavors.

Some people like the Electric Mistress and its various clones, but it's not the "best" at the over the top jet flanging stuff. So if that's what you like, it would be far from best. But if you want subtle, almost chorus like flange (Gilmour, Summers), it's awesome.

If you want the big jet swoosh, then maybe the MXR or the ADA is for you. But those won't do the subtle thing really well.

If you like something a bit squarely in the middle, then a Boss BF-2 could be best.

And to really screw things up, if you absolutely must have through zero flanging to be "best", then none of those are the ticket!

StratmanSteve

Silver Supporting Member
When I need a Flanger, I like the Ibanez FL-9. With that said, I don't have one on the board now.

Killshakes

I can recommend:

Foxrox TZF 2 - Simply incredible, if perhaps not the simplest to use.

Maxon FL9 - Small, quiet, analog and classic sounding.

A/DA - Versatile and very deep sounding. Now available in a compact enclosure.

Snufkinoob

Anyone have an idea what the best analog flanger that is not noisy? I know this may not be one's favorite modulation, but that's ok....

Thanks

Classic TGP ignoring an actual requested requirement and bringing the snark and/or noisy flangers.

Anyway, what are you currently using and/or considering? Regarding noise, I know the old Boss flangers can be modified for less b/ground noise by replacing certain capacitors with better quality ones, but there's still a little that gets through.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom