Best Bedroom Amp??

LaXu

My $.02 with a search for a bedroom amp would be this: even at "bedroom" levels, a low wattage amp is going to be really loud. As well, I've never heard an attenuator that didn't squash the tone as well, so I'd either look for an amp with power scaling that lets you get really low (Carr Mercury, Fargen MiniPlex) or look for an amp with a great master volume control that'll still sound good even on 1. Good luck!
I totally agree. I now own a 50 and 100 watt amp and both sound excellent with just their own master volumes turned down. Tried both with an attenuator and didn't feel there was an improvement in tone, quite the contrary.

To me many of the low watters have a kind of scratchy, slightly thin quality to them when overdriven. Not a fan of that. The SimpleX clip is a good example.

Diezelman

My Diezel Einstein Combo gets real low volume, essentially has 4 channels, incredible gain, and famous cleans coupled with a nice reverb footswitch. No attenuator needed, and it will scream at a large club gig if need be. There are NO bad or unusable tones to this amp.

cr8z4life

Gold Supporting Member
Another vote for the Carr Mercury.........but they are expensive. I just use my divided by thirteen combos with pedals for home use.....

John Mayes

My GA-5 is pretty nice for the package. I'm finishing off a 18 watter I've been working on for a long time though for even more in your face volume. But the GA-5 is dang loud in itself, and really sweet sounding.

Trending Topics