Best Blues/Rock Lunchbox

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Adventrium, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Adventrium

Adventrium Member

Thanks everyone for all the recommendations. I'll be spending time looking into them all.

2. Adventrium

Adventrium Member

In case anyone was interested:

After hours and hours listening to online demos, and then going to music stores in the ATL which carried any of these amps I decided on the Peavey Classic 20 Micro Head, as suggested by White Limo.

I find it incredibly boring looking which is annoying, and the brand "Peavey" isn't very interesting (and let's be real here, part of having guitar gear is making other guitarists jealous).

But I just couldn't argue with how great it sounds. It's two footswitch-able channels are perfect for my needs. It has a nice effects loop and takes pedals (particularly drive) really well.

In addition, the cab simulated line-out sounds excellent and means I can have a direct line to my monitor mix and, subsequently, front of house. This was the feature that pushed it over the Mini Jubilee for me, which ended up being easily my second choice (but honestly the Peavey can sound just as good, to me at least).

Anyway, just thought I'd share my results for anyone who may have been interested, or might stumble on this thread in the future.

3. killer blues

killer blues Member

Lunchbox? My songworks lt 3350
    From 1/2 watt to 50 watts. Head phone jack all the way to plugging into a 4x12 cab sounds great.

4. guitarman3001

guitarman3001 Member

I was going to suggest the C20. I see you already bought it.

Personally I love the way it looks. Very old school vintage vibe to it.

I don't like the DI out though. Way too bassy for me. But everything else is excellent. Best lunchbox for blues and classic rock, imo.

5. Stratburst70

Stratburst70 Member

I have the Peavey Classic 20 MH. It sounds great; the only issue I had with it was that I got absolutely slaughtered when I played with a 6-piece blues band where the other guitarist had an AC-30. I had the C20 dimed and still couldn’t cut through.

Luckily, I got a hold of a Mesa Mark V:25 and that gave me the volume I needed.

6. Junta

Junta Member