Best Cable?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jeffrey827, Jul 2, 2008.

1. jeffrey827

jeffrey827 Member

hey guys. i'm looking for an instrument cable tha produces amazing and clear sound. does anybody know what cable's that are really good?
    I'm looking for a mic. crable too but my instrument is primary.
    i am willing to pay 2.50$ for a foot and that's around 60 for 25 feet.

2. benjisaynomore

benjisaynomore Member

Retro-Coil cable available in the emporium I saw...as an owner I know it is the best quality cable i've used. Of course monster are the industry standard. I think lava man does a great job. Just google lava cables to check out his website

3. M67Chucker

M67Chucker Member

Have you taken a look at http://www.bayoucables.com/index.php. Seems to have great quality stuff for good prices. I just ordered one from him a few days ago, I plan to order many more after I receive this first one.

4. rotren

rotren Member

Camrose, Alberta, Canada, but originally from Umea
  5. Seditious

Seditious Member

I've tried a few and it's Evidence for me. Melody for guitar to pedalboard and pedalboard to amp, Monorail for the pedal board, and Siren speaker cable. I also have a couple Lyric HG cables, but I like the Melody more.

6. nrvana8775

nrvana8775 Member

If you can't afford to get up into the evidence/mogami realm, the bill lawrence cables are pretty good.

7. Flyin' Brian

Flyin' Brian Member

8. mailman

mailman Member

9. iualum

iualum Member

...top notch outfit & product...no better cable available, although some are surely as good...lots of options, reasonable prices, fast manufacture & shipping, great service...what's not to like?...

10. jamison162

jamison162 Supporting Member

I've ordered many cables from Butch, until I started making my own. But ever since I tried the Fulltone Gold cables, I can't stand the sound of Canare cable now.

11. rogue.guineapig

rogue.guineapig Member

+another 1 for lava, love those guys.

12. Hugo Da Rosa

Hugo Da Rosa Silver Supporting Member

I hear good things about Mogami cables. I personally use Planet Wave's Circuit Breaker cables cause I love the idea of being able to break the circuit to do guitar switching without the pop...and the spring loaded plugs to make sure they stay in place. Great tone...only downside is that I hear they crap out sometimes. Of coures, they come with the lifetime warranty that Monster and Live Wire have.

13. teleking36

teleking36 Member

+1000000000000

I was in the same boat as you (OP), considering the likes of Evidence, Klotz, etc. I've had decent cables in the past, most being Canare and Mogami, but after I bought a Death Valley cable, I couldn't believe the difference. I play through a Divided by 13 EDT 13/29 and PJ, and with my previous cables I was picking up every radio station and wave of intermittent noise in the Greater Boston area. After my 20ft. DV cable arrived in the mail, I swapped out one of my GS-6 cables with it, and much to my amazement, the noise was gone. Completely. I use a tele with a Lollar Special in the bridge (fairly hot single coil), and I can crank both my PJ and my EDT and get hardly any noise. It also seems to have a more defined bass response and overall enhanced clarity.

Great cables for excellent money. $35 for a 20ft. cable isn't so bad. Give em a try.

14. powermatt99

powermatt99 Member

DiMarzio.

Seriously.

15. Rez-O-Matik

Rez-O-Matik Member

I agree with some of the other posters: You just can’t beat Death Valley Cables for price and quality.

Just changed all my stomp box patch cords – all 10 of them – over to Death Valley Cables, and what a difference in sound! So with the two 15-foot Death Valley leads I already had, my whole rig is now Death Valley Cables all the way.

The patch cords were a little expensive, but they gave me a pretty good discount ‘cus I bought 10. Didn’t even have to ask for the discount.

Plus, the way I look at it, it’s worth the extra money. The cables are lifetime guaranteed, so these are the last patch cords I will ever buy.

16. brianf

brianf Member

Get the Guitar Player from 2 months ago with all the pedals on the cover. They had a shootout with about 20 cables.

The most expensive were not the best. Only 2 or 3 were 5 stars in all 5 catagories. One was the Evidence Audio Melody. These are only 75.00 for a 15 foot length. I bought 2. One with a right angle.

They claimed in the test this was one of the quietest. It is true. You can have the cable hooked up to the guitar and amp and just smack the cable against the ground and there is almost no noise.

I had been using Planet Waves and you cannot do that without making noise.

As far as tone goes , no diffrenence. We recorded them both and did the blind test. No way either my son or I could hear a difference.

The Evidence sure does look cool too.

brianf

17. benjammin

benjammin Member

I am going to join the forces for +5000000000000000000 for Death Valley Cable Company. Here's the difference: most companies try to ******** you with some jargon and snake oil that makes their cables better, whereas Death Valley simply uses the best possible parts and instead tries to sell their product on the merits of their great construction. You don't see that anymore, and the warranty is great. I had more expensive cables in the past, and this is by far the best cable I've used at a fraction of the cost. Great customer support, incredible price, incredible value. There's seriously no downside. Get one!

18. LavaMan

LavaMan Gold Supporting Member

Thanks for the vote it is much appreciated!

19. shally

shally Member

just bought a 15 footer today.. they are very very easy and pleasant to deal with
    cant wait to see what their cable sounds like

20. jms6668

jms6668 Member

Add another +1 for Lava. Got them last year from this forum's recommendations and they have been on 3 European tours with me and have changed my whole tonal concept. Really. Great service as well.
    jms