• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

best celestion for clean headroom and bass...

I'm gonna pick up an avatar contemporary 4x12 shortly. I don't know what to put in it. I need something that stays clean and can handle a lot of bass, lower midrange, and upper midrange.

suggestions? I do enjoy cl80s, but thought I might try something different or a mix of speakers.

My options are pretty much those standard speakers offered by avatar which are listed below (unless something can drastically outdo them):
Celestion: Vintage 30s, G12H30s, G12T75s, Greenbacks, Classic Lead 80s, Hellatone 30s, Hellatone 60s

guitarvc

I like the Celestion Heritage G12-65's for gewtting both clean and high gain tones. I feel it is the best compromise between the two tones. IO have used them all, and in a 2 x 12 or 4 x 12, the 65's shine. I am using my 2 x 12 with the mEgnater Mod 50 and it is the best tone I have ever had!

PSaulino

Silver Supporting Member
I'm gonna pick up an avatar contemporary 4x12 shortly. I don't know what to put in it. I need something that stays clean and can handle a lot of bass, lower midrange, and upper midrange.

suggestions? I do enjoy cl80s, but thought I might try something different or a mix of speakers.

My options are pretty much those standard speakers offered by avatar which are listed below (unless something can drastically outdo them):
Celestion: Vintage 30s, G12H30s, G12T75s, Greenbacks, Classic Lead 80s, Hellatone 30s, Hellatone 60s

Try these for $45..
http://warehousespeakers.com/prodde...12&PHPSESSID=3ab2539d2df4d8ef20902f924394e38e

Everyone seems to REALLY like them...
Paul

guitardr

Recently got an Avatar G212H Premier cabinet with Celestion Classic 80's:
they reproduce the amp's (CAE OD100 Standard) sound w/ very little coloration/shrillness.

bosstone

The best speaker for that in current production is the G12K-100. No doubt about it. If you want a used speaker, the Sidewinder (12S-150) is better yet.

stratzrus

Philadelphia Jazz, Funk, and R&B
Gold Supporting Member
The best speaker for that in current production is the G12K-100. No doubt about it. If you want a used speaker, the Sidewinder (12S-150) is better yet.
This is what I was thinking...you should definitely check out the Sidewinder. It's out of production but can be found periodically on eBay; I picked up four of them that way in three auctions over four months.

stratzrus

thegame

For clean headroom the Sidewinder will take it, but the G12K100 is alot warmer with more bass IMO.

seajay

The G12K-100 was the first one I thought of. Keep in mind I've never played one. I'm just going off of the product description and clips.

Trending Topics