Best cheap delay ($50 or less)?

tele_jas

Looking for a cheap, but decent delay pedal for my 2nd board. My main board has a Flashback X4, I really don't need anything big or fancy. I'd kind of like a mini pedal, but regular size is fine too.

I've had hit and miss luck with Donner pedals, so I'm a little afraid to try one...But if someone has any positive input on one, I'd give it a try?

Are the Joyo digital delay pedals any good?

plaidbeer

I've noticed DE7s being more difficult to find these days, at least from the larger retailers who sell used gear.

I would also recommend the Behringer VD400 if you're looking an analog delay--$20. I know Behringer gets a lot of stick on here for various reasons, but I had no problems with mine at all. I only sold it, along wth other pedals to buy other pedals.

OldBlack

I liked the Behringer analog delay, but the first one I purchased was DOA. Their rep is worse than it should be, but I'd still only buy one from somewhere with a fair and easy return policy. Love their delays though - the green echo machine ended up being the perfect replacement when I got bored with the El Capistan.

Nothing wrong with the Donner - the Yellow Fall, not sure if they have more than one at this point - or the rebranded Monoprice version. I'd buy either of those again over the Behringer analog any day of the week.

TheWayfarer84

Gold Supporting Member
Yeah their prices are steadily in the $60 range nowadays. You'll still get lucky every now and then, but word has been out for a while about these. Why on earth there isn't a clone in a better enclosure with true bypass already, I do not know.

R.C.Moran

Gold Supporting Member
On the cheap? Check out Monoprice, they have a delay that's $35ish. I have their flanger and actually like it a lot. They do seem to be Mooer copies, but I can't confirm if the circuits are or not.

I'll also +1 used Digitech/Hardwire pedals.

Sociophile

"Ignore" Button Aficionado
Ibanez DE-7 is still very doable for the patient buyer. I have five, I think.

The First Act Delay and the Monoprice Delay (the black one in the mini enclosure) are also great values for the money.

Gary Razz

The best delay I've found is the Caline CP-19 blue ocean delay. It sounds better that the carbon copy boss or any delay I've tried. I didn't want to like it but I just kicks every delay I've tried ass. Just sayin.

tele_jas

Well.... I started this thread to help me find a good, cheap delay. During that time, I found a used TC Electronics Flashback mini for $60 on my local Craigslist, so I jumped on that. After playing around with it over the weekend, it makes me question why I have the huge Flashback X4 on my main board now?

InAbsentia

Joyo "analog" delay can be had for $25 or so on ebay. analog voiced digital delay, but actually sounds really good. the repeats degrade a bit and it can oscillate like crazy.

MattLeFevers

Well.... I started this thread to help me find a good, cheap delay. During that time, I found a used TC Electronics Flashback mini for $60 on my local Craigslist, so I jumped on that. After playing around with it over the weekend, it makes me question why I have the huge Flashback X4 on my main board now?
I only popped onto this thread to point out that used Flashback Minis are easy to find at around $60, so it sounds like you have things handled. :-D

Trending Topics