Best chorus, ?Have clips?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by derek_32999, Nov 13, 2005.

1. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

What is your favorite chorus pedal. i use a dls chours-vib. the things i heard about it were true but is there any slushier or more shimmery chorus out there? what are you faves? and a special request post some CLIPS of your FAVORITE chorus settings!!!! lets see who can get teh coolest/lushest/thickest chorus sound. i gotta get a new mike!!!!

2. guitarplayaman

guitarplayaman Member

try the Visual sound H20....get alot of compliments in stereo mode and it has a pretty cool delay...

3. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

yeah i have heard great things about this chorus, but was hesitant since i already have a memory lane delay. thanks i will have to look into that one deeper, any others? any sound clips?

4. martins3325

martins3325 Supporting Member

Vintage Boss CE-1 is hard to beat. Fulltone Choralflange is cool too!

5. Shaman

Shaman Member

Had the DLS chorus/vibe and it was cool, but (to my ears) seemed to have a little digital sheen or "tween" on the high end that I couldn't get past. I love the CE-1, though, and the Retrosonic Chorus is almost as nice.

However, what's amazed me is that my FoxRox Through-Zero Flanger can actually cop the CE-1 sound almost to a T, and is better IMHO, than the Retrsonic. It's also super flexible and can conjur up all kinds of modulation mayhem in the chorus and vibe veins -- not to mention flange of course. :) Dave Fox has a few chorus-like clips on his site (although more in vibe territory) at http://www.foxroxelectronics.com.

Cheers!

6. BillyK

BillyK Supporting Member

Just got the DLS last night. IMO it's simply amazing. Best, most versatile chorus I've owned.

7. John II

John II Member

I love to use chorus. I have tried the following:

Analogman Clone Chorus
    DLS Chorus-Vib
    Maxon CS-505 Chorus
    Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble

My favorite without a doubt is the Boss CE-5. I just think is sounds the best.

If your looking for a chorus pedal to cop fast leslie sounds, go with the Analogman Clone Chorus.

~John II

8. leofenderbender

leofenderbender Supporting Member

The RetroSonic beat the Analogman Clone Clone off my board last year to stay...

9. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

WOW ce-5 havent tried that one, i guess all the OLD boss pedals get so hyped we forget about the fairly new. and yeah i hear that 505 chorus is great i may have to get one. thanks for the replies guys!!! i didnt even know foxrox made a chorus. keep em coming!!! thanks again!!!

10. Dreamtone

Dreamtone Member

Hi guys derek posted this for me from my other comment on the 808 clone thread...I want to hear everyones fav chorus and clips if posible and pics i am making a chorus and modulation data base on my new web site (dreamtonefx.com will be done in dec)
    THANKS everyone for all your responces. If you have pics of rare chorus send them to my email...well I just built a germanium fuzz and its calling me to jam later guys!!

11. drmathprog

drmathprog Member

I like the sound of the Visual Sound H2O, but the packaging is very inconvenient for a pedal board.

12. ck3

ck3 Member

13. ABKB

ABKB Member

I have no clips, but when I was searching for a chorus (it was b4 I started on this board, so I didnt know about a lot of the boutique makers out there) I did a lot of searching, tried Boss, Dano, mxr, Digitech, and a few others. Without a doubt my favorite surprised me in that it was The Marshall (supervibe I think it's called) chorus. Does a great Leslie and puts a beautiful sheen on things. Very underrated pedal. And cheaper than the Boss which is cool for a mild chorus, but I wanted something stronger.

14. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

wow this is a lot more varied than i expected THANKS GUYS for chiming in on this one. honestly i expected to see dls and tc electronics over and over which isnt what i wanted. i really apprectiate the answers it helps tremendously!!!!!!!!

15. AbstractLunatic

AbstractLunatic Member

I love my Analogman Bi-Chorus.

My BOSS CH-1 Super Chorus sounds pretty good also.

16. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

anyone know of any more obscure chorus pedals or ones that do real whacked out thick chorus?

17. ck3

ck3 Member

Any of the pedals that I previously recommended can easily provide these types of sounds. Also, the Ibanez DCL 10 series digital chorus pedal is a bit more zany than the average mass-produced chorus stompbox. If you run the invereted out in mono and crank the rate, you get a weird square wave vib-chorus timbre. Also, the Electro-Harmonix stereo Polychorus reissue may be worth trying. According to the original designer of the Clone Theory, it has similar circuitry, but is supposed to operate more quietly.