Best Chorus Pedal

It's not what you want, but my vintage BOSS CE-2 is an insanely good Chorus. I'm not a big Chorus fan, but this one is the ****. Only 2 knobs.

Ruttiger

I have a Catalinbread Callisto-does all the analog chorus goodness, plus does awesome vibrato and can even be tweaked into a flanger...really enjoy this pedal-no stereo or expression, though.

Last edited:

Donn Rowe

newer version..Whammy Pedal on "Detune" often overlooked...big and all the other things but really nice as a chorus

Chonny

Chorus makes me want to sit inside a white room with no windows and bounce silver balls off the ceiling, walls, and floor.

melodiusthunk

Bronzd & Supported Member
Silver Supporting Member
I never under stand why these "best chorus" threads usually omit mention of the Diamond Halo chorus, but of the few I've tried, i like it the best.

cubistguitar

Another Iron Ether fan

The Polytope is really unlike any chorus i have ever tried. It will cut through like a knife too, tons of additional output, fine control of mix, speed, intensity, it even has a detune mode that doesn't modulate.

It offers some extreme sounds and several ridiculous sounds that i never seem to use, but in a moderate setting it reminds me of high end chorusing usually achieved with rack units and mixers to combine the efx and clean signals. Remember the crazy chimey sound of 80s rack chorusing like "Time after Time". It can nail that sort of thing. I hate how the typical chorus pedal i would use took all the tone of the guitar to heck and left you with an anemic version of your guitar. Not with the Polytope, the clean knob is like turning up your clean guitar without processing and sounds as thick and big as it ever did, the efx sounds don't turn the original to mush and fog, they typically add volume and you have to be careful not to end up much louder than the bypassed tone. Sorry to be so descriptive, but i don't use a lot of chorus and when I do I really enjoy the Polytope. Its not magic or anything and I am sure something sounds better, but for me it just works perfect.

mad dog

Silver Supporting Member
I had the Red Witch. Which sounded quite nice, but wasn't changing my mind about chorus. Which I was doubting I'd ever like much, or use. Then traded into a Rocketride Asteroid. That pedal is so beautiful. Now I finally get chorus.
MD

Robm422

Silver Supporting Member
Just got a mooer chorus, it sounds nice for the amount i use it, and doesn't take up much space. The mike hermans demo sold me on it!

jordane93

im suprised no one mentioned the mr black double chorus. its a great sounding chorus that doesnt burn a hole in your wallet

waygorked

Another big vote for the Diamond Halo. In stereo, it is huge and lush without sounding metallic, or indeed, chorused. It just makes everything sound vast and complicated.

Top Bottom