best clean sound?classic reverb vs ftr37

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by espinete, Feb 9, 2008.

1. espinete

espinete Member

I live in Spain and i'd have to travel 10 hours by car to check a ftr37.and i can't find two rock classic reverb dealers in my country to check its sound.seems to be impossible try bouth amps with same cabinet.
    at the moment i use pedals.i love clean of some fender amps but since i heard some two-rock and divided demo clips i'm very ill :eek:
    'cause it's a lot of money i'd be appreciate your comments ,overall from people who has some experience with both.
    thanks and best regards

2. SReynolds

SReynolds Supporting Member

Can't go wrong with either but I would have to give it to the Two-Rock Classic reverb. Maybe Snider will chime in, he's had both. I had a FTR for a couple months and played a TR Cassic Reverb for a couple hours and it was quite an amp. Good Luck!

3. Steve Snider

Steve Snider Silver Supporting Member

Consider me Chimed in. TR Classic Reverb has more headroom and can do BF Fender real well as well as can be a gain machine. lots of tone shaping options.Can be Class A or AB. Tighter sounding than the 37 but the power supply isn't to stiff so you still get some sag. Beautiful sounding and loves pedals.

The FTR 37 has a great sound as well, gorgeous sounding amp in the Deluxe reverb vain on clean and Marshall/tweed sort of vibe on the gain channel. A little saggier due to the tube rectifier.Both have great verb but the tr is way more flexible in the way you can set the reverb. Can't go wrong with either amp.

4. ahardmark

ahardmark Member

I've been wondering about this too.

How much headroom does the FTR 37 have on the clean channel? What kind of volume can you get before you get some hair on the notes? Comparable to a Deluxe Reverb? Super Reverb? Thanks!

5. sfarnell

sfarnell Gold Supporting Member

I've owned both and the Classic Reverb has the better more impressive cleans. I like the FTR37...it is an "angry" amp. Plus, if you like reverb you'll love the classic. The FTR37 doesn't have reverb, at least mine didn't from what I remember.

Owning both would be nice. I think that they compliment eachother.

6. Steve Snider

Steve Snider Silver Supporting Member

I do think the Classic Reverb sounds better as well and yes the FTR 37 does have reverb but not as good as the CR which is amazing. That all said I love the FTR37 too but the cr more.