Best clip on tuner for electrics...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by astainback, May 26, 2015.

1. astainback

astainback Member

I have a Boss clip on chromatic tuner.. but the tracking on my strat and tele is terrible.
    The snark my friend uses is ok, but I am looking for great.
    I already own a turbo tuner for my board, but I need something for when I am not using my board.

Anybody tried a bunch of different clip on tuners and know what tracks best on electrics?

2. vinchan

vinchan Member

They are all pretty much same from my experience. I just use planet waves smaller one which works just fine.

3. Steve Hotra

Steve Hotra Silver Supporting Member

I use the Snark, which is ok.
    The best is the Peterson clip on tuner. I think its the most expensive, as well.

4. astainback

astainback Member

Yeah, the peterson is big and expensive... I think I am just going to buy a tu-80... and I think I am going to pick up the planet waves ns micro to try that out. it is only 12 bucks.

5. jordane93

jordane93 Member

Planet Waves Mini headstock tuner

6. TheoDog

TheoDog Silver Supporting Member

I have tried several and the Planet Waves NS mini does it for me. It actually lives on my acoustic since there is a Turbo on my board, but I snag it often when I strip down to minimal. I have successfully used it in noisy settings and to tune my baritone. And it is tiny.
    I even use the visual metronome feature occasionally. And the price is right considering you can sometimes get one free with a pair of string packs. Paid $14 for mine.

7. Matt L

Matt L Supporting Member

I've had a good experience with the Deltalab one I bought for $15 at Guitar Center. Brighter display and more reliable than the Starks I'd been using. I'd broken a couple of them, and one just died after maybe 3-4 months.