• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Best clip on tuner

Vidarr

Silver Supporting Member
I saw Michael Landau play recently and I noticed he had a clip on tuner for his strat. I've seen more and more electric players with these. I'd love to free up pedal board space.

I'm assuming these are good and accurate given the professional players using them, no?
If so, who makes the best one?

Thanks!

ES330

I like the PT 10 mini for electrics.
Work good on a LOUD stage.
I've found it to be more accurate than most.

crxshdxmmy

The one I like most is the Planet Waves NS-micro. I leave one on my acoustic and it's great because it's pretty inconspicuous. I hate the way clip-ons hang off the headstock.

That said... the most accurate is probably the Peterson Stroboclip. But that's really pricey. So if you're dead set on a bigger clip on, get the Intellitouch PT40. It's pretty accurate and it's USB rechargeable. So... no batteries. #winning

ibis

I will be buying a Polytune Clip as soon as I can. Until then, I'm using my red Snark SN2.

SackvilleDan

Platinum Supporting Member
does anyone know if the planet waves tuner is nitro finish friendly?
I've used both the Planet Waves NS Micro

http://www.stringsandbeyond.com/plwansminhet.html

and the (maybe discontinued?) NS Mini (looks different than the link below, more boxy)

http://www.amazon.com/Planet-Waves-...36456142&sr=8-1&keywords=planet+waves+ns+mini

on a bunch of nitro finished guitars, and have never had an issue. I don't leave it on in the case for extended periods of time though, just for the half dozen hours surrounding a gig or practice. They've always worked great for me, and I love how they're almost completely invisible. I hate seeing a big Snark clipped on someone's guitar on stage!

strangesounds

Silver Supporting Member
I have a Peterson, which is really accurate but pricey. I've snapped about three Snarks, and they weren't nearly as accurate- but I'm really picky about tuning.

myaudiodna

I would wait for the polytune clip. If you want cheaper, I've have several NS Micro's and they've worked well.

Trending Topics