• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Best Compressor for under $150.00

Bobster

+1 for the tone press, however, it does colour your tone. Quite a harsh sounding compressor.. You could probably try Cmatmods Comp. or if you're lucky, you could get a used keeley 2 knob for that price..

You could probably grab a diamond compressor for 150 flat.

I've owned the tone press, and the diamond compressor is the upright winner, IMO.

M

Member 995

I like the Demeter quite a bit. Of the optical compressors that I've tried, it is probably my favorite. I'm not really a fan of the Ross style compressors that are more of an effect than the optical compressors.

Desperado

Vertex Effects, Inc.
Demeter is nice, Diamond is also great. Both are very transparent. If you want some more squash you could try the Keeley or Reissue Script MXR Dyna Comp. Used prices would be in the $150 range.

thelionsden

I've owned the tone press, and the diamond compressor is the upright winner, IMO.
I agree with this. The blending of uneffected clean tone with the compressed tone seems like a good idea on the Barber, but it seems to me like there may be phase cancellation issues when you blend. The blend seems to thin out the tone a touch and make it more brittle sounding.

Lucidology

Silver Supporting Member
The Barber didn't work for moi .. but I liked it tons more then the Diamond ..
I'd highly recommend the Maxon CP101

Trending Topics