• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Best concert you've ever been to

jo2012

Mine is a toss-up between Joe Bonamassa & Los Lobos @ Lobero Theatre and Switchfoot @ San Diego Convention Center

loudboy

Hard to pick, but these are some of the more memorable ones:

Rolling Stones - Boston Garden, '72
Ten Years After/Procol Harum, Rochester War Memorial, '73
Yes - Tales from Topo Tour, Cornell, '74?
Bruce - Rochester War Memorial, '78
Neil and Crazy Horse - Buffalo Aud, '91
Cracker - Rochester Public Market, '07?

Birdseye

Gold Supporting Member
Been to a lot of great ones. Neil Young with Crazy Horse on the very first Rust Never Sleeps tour was pretty incredible, I think that was like 76 or 77. But Prince in Detroit with surprise opening band Morris Day and the Time, about 5 years ago...I'd be okay calling that one the best. Show lasted 4 hours, including a mid show solo acoustic set from Prince. Just unreal.

will132

Kiss 1979

David Lee Roth with Steve Vai. Cinderella opened.

Scorpions on their Black Out tour in a small auditorium. An relatively unknown Quiet Riot opened.

guitarpedaladdict

Gold Supporting Member
Just saw Joe Bonamassa last night at the Honolulu theater and it was one of the most incredible displays of musicianship I have ever seen, was just about to write a thread about the experience and saw your post.

He did not have his amps and was playing through what appeared to be locally rented Marshalls and there WAS a difference in his tone because of that. Of course he sounded fantastic, but I felt the amps sounded a slight bit muddy compared to his personal rig.

That said, I think he has been working on his voice or something because his vocals were outstanding, the best I have ever heard of him all recordings included. His playing was utterly breath taking and he was a great showman interacting with the audience. Wonderful show.

He started the evening with about 4 or 5 acoustic songs and followed it with a very tasteful mix of old and new stuff. I highly recommend checking him out. This was the first show on his US tour, he is heading to many US mainland towns over the next few weeks.

wleeds

THE Grateful Dead!!! many, many, many of them

second - ry cooder and david lindley in a tent in Toronto

gregmoeck

lots of good ones stand out

Triumph in the 80's
Journey in the 80's
Van Halen in the 80's
Phish
Grateful Dead
Jerry Garcia Band

teddys

Hendrix Experiance, Janis Joplin and The Chambers Brothers at the Singer Bowl, site of the Worlds Fair in Queens, NY

Band of Gypsys, Fillmore east,NYC

TIE:
Allmans at the Filmore East
Or
j Geil's band w POCO at Fillmore East. A magical night!
&
Peter Gabriel, So Tour, 3 weeks ago at Jones Beach, NY

McQuade

Stevie Ray Vaughan 7/3/90 Essex Jct VT
Ringo Starr, Levon Helm, Jim Keltner, Dr. John, Billy Preston, Joe Walsh, Clarence Clemons, Nils Lofgren, Rick Danko 8/16/90 Kingston NH
Allman Brothers Band 8/21/92 Stowe VT
Phish Clifford Ball 8.16.96 / 8.17..96 Plattsburgh NY
Luther Allison 8/97 Winooski VT
Phish 11/28/97, 11/29/97 Worcester MA,
Bob Dylan 2/22/99 Troy NY
Bob Dylan 8/4/02 Augusta ME
Neil Young and Crazy Horse 7/4/03 Saratoga Springs NY
Zappa Plays Zappa with Bozzio, Vai and Murphy Brock 6/06, Boston MA
Levon Helm Band, 3/24/07 Woodstock NY
Bob Dylan 5/17/08 Lewiston ME
Neil Young 12/1/08 Montreal QC
Bob Dylan 11/14/09 Boston MA
Roger Waters 11/2010 Boston MA
Neil Young and Crazy Horse 8/5/2012 Morrison CO

teddys

Oops.
I forgot
Stevie Ray paying at a buddy's wedding at the Mandalay Bay hotel in Las Colinas, Tx in 1986

Trending Topics

Top Bottom