• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Best currently available MKI tone bender

ndavis1971

Thanks. So I’m down to Klinger, blackstrap or Williams. The others aren’t readily available or too costly for me. Anyone have these three and can compare?

aynirar27

Double
Platinum Supporting Member
I had an arcane analog mkii that was pretty killer. I’d like to try their mki sometime

Lauri Vennonen

Silver Supporting Member
Laundromat Thunderbird MkI looks real good. Anyone played one?
I haven't played the Thunderbird but Antti made me a Stingray BC130C fuzz face to my specs last summer and it really nailed the sound in my head & kicked my BC183 Sunface to my home board. I'm pretty confident his MKIs are as great.

Tried a few, Analogman Sun Bender 1.5 is amazing.
MK1.5 is completely different circuit from MKI, it's almost identical to a fuzz face in both circuit and sound. Sunbender is a great pedal for sure but not a MKI.

Thanks all. Ended up with the Manlay Ronno bender off of Reverb.
I've had one and now really regret selling it. It's beautifully made pedal, congrats!

augur

Tried a few, Analogman Sun Bender 1.5 is amazing.
A great pedal you are right ! But a Mk1.5 is very different from a MkI. It is a Fuzz Face before the FF. 2 transistors fuzz copied by Arbiter Elec.
I do own a MK1.5 by Analogman and a Klinger MKI. The MK1.5 is much more tweakable thanks to the bias knob but definitely cannot sound close and nasty like the MKI. :)

roquero

Bold Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
I can’t say that I have tried that many, but the Manlay Sound Ronno Bender scratches that itch for me. I was lucky enough to have been in Barcelona four years ago (home of Manlay Sound), and the cool music shop in town had one left!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom