Best Customer Service I've EVER Seen! Twister Amps...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Cowboy, May 30, 2008.

1. Cowboy

Cowboy Member

Okay; here's the deal. Looked at Twister Amps, F2 combo - loved the sound clips, got great recommendations. Just as I'm ready to pull the trigger, one comes on E-Bay at a great price, so grabbed it. :AOK

I go on line to Twister Amps, and there's a note on the homepage, clearly intended for the E-Bay purchaser - me - asking me to contact the maker. :warning

I did so. Here's his response:

Thanks for getting in touch. That note was meant just for you. I didn't have any other means of getting in touch with you due to Ebay's privacy policy.

You're right, there arent a bunch of those out there Just that one. Here's what happened, Back then, I was pretty much just building amps for Local guys, who all wanted something a little different, and I was doing some experimenting with the 18 watt circuit. That amp that you have was used for testing, and trying different things. After a while, I started from scratch on a whole new amp, and the one you have just got set aside, and I didnt do anything else to it, and didnt feel like spending anymore time on it, Updating it to current specs. It sat in the corner for quite a while, I didnt have any use for it anymore, so I just stuck it on ebay with no reserve to try to get some of my costs back on it.

Unfortunately, looking back on it, it wasnt a smart move, because I dont think that amp lives up to what I want my brand name on. But at the time, I had no plans of selling amps more than just to the local guys... of course that's all changed, and the last thing I want to happen is for you to be unhappy with the amp. Word of mouth has been a blessing to me, and I'd like to keep it that way, and keep all the guys playing my amps happy.

Luckily, a guy who has been in contact with me about buying an F2 an informed me that one of my F2's was on ebay, and asked if it was a good deal. I went, and checked out the auction, and as soon as I saw who the seller was, I knew that it was that old prototype.

So anyways... I appologize for the long drawn out email..... Here's what I'd like to offer you. If you get the amp, and you're not happy with it, Ship it to me, and I'll update it to current specs, at no charge, I'll ship it back to you at my cost, and I'll also Re Warranty the amp for you, just as if you had bought it brand new, so that if you have any problems with it in the future, you're covered.

If you have any questions, just let me know.

Thanks again for contacting me,

Jade Lowrey
    www.TwisterAmps.com

Let me get this straight - this guy is so concerned about his sound and rep that he is willing to mod and warranty a USED amp - even though he doesn't make a nickel - because it has his name on it?

Oh, yeah. I'm on board for that stuff. Great guy, deserves a bit of recognition, don't you think? Try getting that from Fender or Marshall.

Cheers, :BEER
    Cowboy

2. kodecar

kodecar Member

Great story. I love to hear stuff like that. I just added Twister Amps to my bookmarks for long-term reference.

3. hamfist

hamfist Member

Absolutely. Sounds like a top drawer bloke ! - someone who cares about tone, cares about people, and cares about doing things the right way !

4. sickboy79

sickboy79 Member

How awesome is that? Very cool!

5. bluestarbass

bluestarbass Member

Yea in my limited dealings with fender, an email from fender would be the EXACT opposite of that email. Sounds super cool.

6. 84Bravo

84Bravo Member

Wow. I also added this guy to my favs. Hmmm. The sound samples on his site sound mighty good too....

7. andyc

andyc Member

:AOK That's awesome! That's the way to do it! I need to check out this guy's amps!