1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Best delay for subtle echo / depth?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Phlussy, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Phlussy

Phlussy Member

i am looking for the best small footprint delay pedal that will add just a subtle echo and depth to my sound. what pedals should i be looking at? (i already have a SMMH for wilder, longer delays). are there any pedals that would really add that extra "something" to my tone???

2. rogue.guineapig

rogue.guineapig Member

I sure do like my AD-80 for that kind of thing.
    The blend knob allows you to back it off a bit.
    And it's analog so it does good stuff to your tone
    for that more ethereal spacy sorta sound.
    ymmv

RGP

3. Funky Monkey

Funky Monkey Member

Small footprint?
    MXR Carbon Copy or the Mad Prof Deep Blue Delay. Both sound great.
    AD-80 is cool but sorta hard to come by.

4. Jahn

Jahn Listens to Johnny Marr, plays like John Denver Supporting Member

The Deluxe Memory Man can be a beast, but it can also be a great subtle atmospheric wash - the best part is that you can add either chorus or vibrato to your delays and a tad bit of modulation too, and stick it way in the back. Really makes it 3-D without being intrusive.

5. mr. stanley

mr. stanley Member

You ought to try using a delay with reverse... put the regen (depends on the delay) around 40%-50% and the mix 25% or less --- works for me