Best Delay in Front of amp?

codeorama

I have a THD Univalve, no effects loop. I love the amp and the tone I get.
I'd like to add a delay pedal. I"m not expecting to get lush pink floyd type delays, but need to have some delay for some songs that need delay as an effect (think atomic punk or cochise) it would be nice to have something that sounds decent if I ever wanted to add some ambient delay.
My soundman usually takes care of delay on solos, so that's not that big a deal.
Thanks

I got good results running an empress super delay in front of a Vox AC15hw. Something with dark repeats seems to work best, so I bet the Malekko darks would work well too. Just make sure you keep the repeats and/or delay volume down when you are running amp distortion.

juice

I have a Malekko 600 Bright and also run a Vox AC15HW, like the poster above.

I fall in love with this pedal a little more every single time I play it. It's almost a "leave on all the time" pedal because it sounds so good. I used it this past Sunday paired with my Screwdriver and it was some of the best tone I've ever had.

Fifthstone

Gold Supporting Member
For a relatively inexpensive analog delay, the MXR Carbon Copy seems to get lots of love. It's even supposed to have a subtle modulation you can add for some tape echo vibe. I have a Maxon AD999 which is excellent. I always run delay between guitar and amp instead of through an effects loop.

Mike9

Silver Supporting Member
I have a vintage Ross R80 and it sounds awesome in the front end.

mad dog

Silver Supporting Member
The retrosonic analog delay is sure doing it for me. I go back and forth between this and an old space echo RE-201. Both have such beautiful sounds, in rather different ways. No effects loops on my amps, so delay is always in front. The retrosonic is silent, except for delay.

atlas

I use a T-Rex Replica and it works great,another delay that works exelent in front of a amp is the Mad Professor Deep Blue Delay.Hope this helps.

I use a T-Rex Replica and it works great,another delay that works exelent in front of a amp is the Mad Professor Deep Blue Delay.Hope this helps.
+1 to the Deep Blue! I have it in front of my badger, very warm and creamy repeats!

Balok

Use a Boss delay with a dry out and a delay only out. Run the dry out into the top input. Run the delay only out into a distortion box that best mimics the amps distortion and run that into the 2nd input. Set the gain on the box so that the repeats are as gainy as the original signal.

MajorLedhead

Silver Supporting Member
Fulltone TTE is what I'm using now on my main rig. I have a MP Deep Blue for grab and go situations. Both sound good in front of an amp.

Seegs

I love my Deep Blue Delay...simple to use and sounds great...it's pretty much on all the time...

Chow,
Seegs

Jet Age Eric

The blessing and curse of the T. Rex is that you can adjust the ouptut to suit your amp. The downside is that you have to adjust the output whenever you adjust the effect level (in other words two adjustments for one characteristic). Also, pedal sounds AMAZING. -E

bynt

I've got the old version of the Visual Sound H20. It does suprisingly well in front of the amp. I just hate the chorus on it. The Carbon Copy isn't bad either but I've not tried that with a bunch of distortion/overdrive. The H20 doesn't mind grind.

Top Bottom